About this position:
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Are you a dynamic person with a passion for training and excellent communication and organisational skills? Are you looking for a position in which you can make a positive difference and have an impact? Do you want to do this in an international, but friendly environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Customer Support team!
In this role you will be responsible for all technical and product-related training of our employees, customers and distributors. You will take ownership of our training administration, making improvements to the structure and processes surrounding our technical training. You will develop and implement training, monitor the effectiveness of our training courses, and make continuous improvements. Although based in Malvern, Worcestershire, national and international travel will be required on a regular basis.
What are your responsibilities?
• Develop and manage the yearly calendar of customer and service courses delivered at the Malvern Panalytical UK site.
• Work with the training administrators to ensure the effective and smooth running of both customer and service courses.
• Develop and implement training for engineers in service centres, subsidiaries and distributor territories worldwide.
• Generate and maintain service materials, handouts, notes, and associated technical literature for training courses.
• Develop e-learning materials to facilitate and improve the effectiveness of distance learning, and maintain and update the library of e-learning materials on our learning management system.
• Maintain and improve our system for the recertification of our engineers.
• Create and maintain skills matrices to ensure continuous improvement.
• Act as a mentor to our service specialists and product technical specialists to improve their presentation skills and enhance the training experience.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• Excellent communication and customer handling skills, coupled with empathy and patience
• Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• A degree or equivalent in an engineering or science discipline
• Experience of implementing quality training programmes in a high technology customer support/service environment
• Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Great to have?
• Experience with a range of authoring tools such as Captivate, Articulate Storyline, HTML 5, Camtasia, CSS Dreamweaver and Lectora
• Knowledge and experience of Rapid development, learning management systems and SCORM compliance
• A teaching qualification
• A hands on and participative management style
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.