Technical Helpdesk Support Specialist
US – Westborough, MA
About this position:
Technical Support Specialist
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Do you want to be a real business partner for our customers by offering value-added propositions? Are you looking for a position in which you can fully exploit your service skills? Do you want to do this in an international and friendly environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our innovative and enthusiastic customer support team!
In this role you will be the expert in the operation & maintenance of Malvern Panalytical products and the applications in use by our customers. This is a high impact position providing the primary point of contact and coordination between Malvern Panalytical and its customers. Act as customer liaison for MP and as the primary trouble shooter for customer’s instruments (and components) for repair and/or recalibration. Provide training in the use of MP’s product offerings.
What are your responsibilities?
· Enhance customer support in the Americas territories through a proactive integration of their application and technical expertise into the daily customer support & training activities of the team, our customer base and partners.
· Provide product training for a broad audience including customers, potential customers and MP employees in the use of Malvern Panalytical ‘s products.
· Provide technical and application support for existing and potential customers, including system troubleshooting, using all available modes of communication (phone, e-mail, face to face, etc.)
· Provide primary remote diagnosis and resolution of customer instrument problems for MP products. This role is an essential part of the Global Tier 1 & 2 support team which includes both remote diagnostics via phone and/or remote access in live environments and global travel for internal and external training, installation, and repair.
· Escalated support within the installed base, to our partners and call center specialists for the product line.
· Act as customer liaison and as the primary trouble-shooter for customer’s instrument systems.
· Create written procedures for internal use. Contribute to manuals, guides and other documentation for customers or external publication.
· Work to improve the performance of the position and function by, developing methods to improve instrument reliability, improved remote troubleshooting methods or tools and by decreasing the turn-around time for repairs.
· Contribute to improvement in system and performance through cross-functional teams and communicate customer issues, concerns or ideas to the appropriate group(s) within MP.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
· Must possess excellent communication and systematic problem-solving skills.
· Above average trouble shooting skills.
· Ability to work independently as well as being a participatory team player.
· Experience with instrumentation is required.
· Presentation skills
· Scheduling and time management
· Attention to details
Great to have?
· A Bachelor of Science degree is required and an advanced degree in the sciences is preferred.
· 3-5 years technical customer support
· Technical experience in science is required.
When you join?
· Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction program. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
· We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
· You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
· Malvern Panalytical is at an exciting stage in its growth and as such can offer the right candidate the ability to develop their knowledge and skills as well as good opportunities for progression. Our benefits package includes a competitive salary, an employer matched 401(k) savings, medical and dental coverage and tuition reimbursement.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.