About this position:
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Are you able to develop exemplary technical information for a scientific audience? Are you looking for a position that gives you the opportunity to add real value to our customers’ information experience? Do you want to do this in an international, but personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our creative team!
We need a technical author to create engaging, useful content. You’ll be producing a range of outputs –including user guides, help systems and e-learning – to help customers get the best from our scientific solutions. Working within R&D, we want you to be involved at every stage of the development process, giving you a unique opportunity to both document and help shape our products. We expect a high level of overall business sense, team spirit, meticulous attention to detail, and a keen interest in exploring new ways to improve our customers’ information experience.
What are your responsibilities?
- Writing and improving content for user guides, e-learning, web and help systems
- Coordinating with product and project managers, software developers, engineers, and other authors to ensure good information flow
- Creating video, graphical and photographic material to support the technical information
- Being a cross-functionally skilled communicator, with an interest in the technical writing world
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience as a software and/or hardware technical author
- A relevant degree - ideally with a writing, analytical, or STEM focus
- Solid understanding of topic-based, single-source authoring
- An innate curiosity that drives you to explore new ways of working
Great to have?
- Exposure to e-learning development using SCORM compliant tools and learning systems
- Experience of using remote analytics to support technical documentation
- Understanding of Madcap Flare and HTML/XML
- The ability to spot a typo at a thousand paces
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter. Try to attach a sample of your recent work along with your application.