Tactical buyer TPI
Almelo, The Netherlands
About this position:
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Are you looking for a position in which you can fully exploit your hands-on, supplier management skills? Are you the person who can manage relationship with suppliers and by doing so realise the qualitative and commercial objectives, so our customers receive their ordered systems on time? Do you want to do this in an international, but very personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become our new Tactical Buyer.
In this role you manage the tactical Procurement activities for the strategic commodities. In doing so supporting the Malvern Panalytical Supply Centers in achieving their objectives on cost- and risk management, quality and logistics and (pre)-select suppliers based on the strategic lead buyer strategy.
What are your challenges?
• Manages the relationship with suppliers to ensure that the requested quality and quantity of goods and services are available on time at best value for Malvern Panalytical
• Ensuring correct order parameter settings
• Pivot between Operations and Initial procurement
• Initiates and participates in supplier relation management to improve the overall performance on OTD, Quality and Cost
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• Hands-on mentality
• Commercial instinct that seeks new and innovative ways to create best value
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent communications skills and team player
• Able to understand and assess supply chain issues and translate them into risk mitigation actions
• Contracting experience
• Experience 2-5 year in the role of tactical buyer
• Technical and / or commercial BsC level
• Fluent (speaking and writing) in English
When you join:
• Your career will take off with the ‘New Hire Training’. We continue to stimulate our employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training. We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
• You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
• Excellent work life balance.