Almelo, The Netherlands
About this position:
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Are you able to support the Purchasing departments and IT department in the different Supply Centers across the world? Are you looking for a position in which you can fully exploit your negotiating and people management skills? Do you want to do this in an international, but personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our innovative and inspiring Purchasing team!
In this role you are responsible for developing and implementing the commodity strategy for IT, in line with the business objectives and overall Purchasing strategy. Creating synergy by sharing best practice across departments and Supply Centers. Improving overall business value; meeting deadlines and drive lean procurement through the supply chain. This role is also responsible for managing the whole IT procurement cycle, from supplier selection and approval, through to drafting and negotiating contracts, to managing and developing appointed suppliers, and demonstrating a positive input at every stage.
What are your challenges?
- Develop and implement the global commodity strategy for IT including risk management
- Sharing of best practice and creating value through alignment
- Responsible for supplier performance and the resolution of supplier related issues within a portfolio.
- Align with Spectris on company wide implementation of (new) hard- and software
- Manage risk to ensure up-time and control cost
- Functionally leading the (global) category team, holding regular team meetings to discuss KPIs (risk, delivery, quality, cost reduction, PPV) and performance objectives.
- Negotiating price, delivery and contracts with suppliers for hard- and software.
- Ensuring all IT related hardware and software is purchased from the approved source and in line with Spectris and Malvern Panalytical procedures and processes.
- Taking responsibility for improving internal purchasing KPIs and developing new KPIs as required
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- A background in IT contracting and managing complex IT projects, is essential with a minimum of five years purchasing experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of supplier development, contract law, and lean supply techniques.
- Strong IT and data analysis skills will be essential.
- Negotiation skills with strong commercial awareness.
- Contracting skills
- Knowledge and experience with Enterprise Solutions Suppliers
- Experience with and a good understanding of contracting Cloud applications and subscriptions models.
- Preparing and reviewing RFQ’s/RFP’s.
Great to have:
- Ability to build good working relationships and to influence others.
- Ability to appreciate and deal with cultural differences.
- Being cooperative and a team player, stress resistant, building bridges
- Ability to challenge the business requirements/goals
When you join:
- Your career will take off with the ‘New Hire Training’. We continue to stimulate our employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training. We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Excellent work life balance, Competitive benefits and salary.
YES, I want this job:
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and motivation letter.