Solid State Detector Physics/Process Engineer
Netherlands – Lelyweg Almelo office
About this position:
Do you want to step into a high-tech world
with a strong focus on innovation? Are you looking for a position in which you
will help to define and realize the roadmap for the future X-ray detectors? Do
you want to do this in an international, friendly environment? Then this might
be your chance to become a part of our X-ray detector development team.
You will be part of the team developing new
X-ray detectors. In your role, the emphasis will be on electrical and
physical design, (manufacturing) processing and (spectroscopic) testing of
detector components. Maintaining technical contacts with suppliers of
technologies and (scientific) networks in detector field is essential. Examples
of relevant technology areas are: chip bump-bonding processing, wire-bonding,
hybrid assembly, detector window technology, thermal management, sensor physics
and material science.
The job requires
the applicant to understand the application requirements, and to work closely
together with other highly trained professionals in technologically challenging
are your responsibilities?
– Work within a team to create new X-ray detectors based on the latest available technologies.
– Focus on manufacturability during the design phase.
– You will be the first point of contact to the assembly department. (Most of the detectors are assembled in-house).
– Providing input/maintaining of the X-ray detector road map.
– Maintaining contact with our suppliers on technical level.
– When needed, take the lead in our problem-solving process (8D).
– Working with R&D and Operations colleagues to ensure Quality is achieved across processes and products.
do you need to be successful in this role?
– Strong analytical skills
– Focused to deliver results through collaboration.
– Passionate to succeed as a team.
– Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate to a diverse, cross-functional, multi-level audience.
– Excellent written and spoken English and appreciation of global cultures.
– A University Degree (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) in Electrical Engineering or Physics, with a background or strong interest in Semiconductor Physics, Material Science or Microelectronics.
– Experience of applying analytical techniques to research and/or industrial applications and/or expertise in a relevant area.
– Knowledge of the following is advantageous:
– X-ray diffraction and/or X-ray Scattering and/or X-ray Imaging characterisation techniques.
– Agile development processes.
– Additional languages.
Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge, and performance.
We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV
and cover letter.