Software Engineering Test Specialist
Netherlands – Lelyweg Almelo office
About this position:
Do you want to play an important role in development of our X-ray fluorescence product line? Are you looking for a diverse position in which you can apply your expertise to its full extent and increase your knowledge even further? And do you want to do this within a high tech international, but friendly very personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our ambitious Software Team!
In this role you will support the new product developments in Malvern Panalytical’s X-ray fluorescence (XRF) products, which are used for materials analysis in scientific and industrial product and process control. You will contribute to the design, coding and testing of our software.
What are your responsibilities?
• You will acquire, maintain and disseminate knowledge of up-to-date software technology and its potential application for Malvern Panalytical.
• You will ensure that the software design is robust, resulting in accurate, reliable and maintainable programs.
• You will be working with XRF systems and solving product problems, as they relate to software and related systems engineering issues.
• You will work closely together in a team in a multi-disciplinary environment, to design and implement new features in our analytical user software, to test the correct functioning of user software and assist in test automation.
• You are involved in Test Automation and work on how to speed up and optimize this.
• You will be responsible for analyzing, communicating, and giving feedback on the test results.
• You have the passion to keep learning new test technologies and to continuously develop yourself.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• You have strong analytical capabilities; you get energy from solving complex problems for a diversity of products and systems.
• Strongly results-driven with respect to customer products: Ability to think and act as an end user with emphasis on key product quality indicators, such as analytical
performance, ease of use, robustness and speed.
• A drive to work in a high-tech environment with the ambition to develop products with a strong competitive edge.
• You have worked with Agile development processes
• You are familiar with user software and embedded software test methodologies
• You can handle both white-box and black-box testing
• You have experience in defining a test strategy and in writing clear test plans
• You can master and apply unfamiliar test tools
• You are fluent in English and prepared to (learn to) understand Dutch
Great to have?
• Computer science (BSc), and experience with technical automation and affinity with one of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
• Affinity with laboratory equipment and/or strong affinity with analytical techniques
• Experience with C#, WPF and MVVM, agile methodologies and test-driven development
• Experience with HTML 5 programming
• Experience with data engineering
• Experience with Fitnesse, Specflow and NUnit is an advantage
• Affinity with electronics and mechanics
When you join?
• Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and
performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
• We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
• You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.