Senior Software Engineer
About this position:
Do you want to work in a team strongly focused on quality and innovation? Do you want to develop software that will ensure a great user experience and help to position our innovative product range? Are you looking for a software position where you will have the chance to be involved in every step of the software development, from design to testing? Do you want to join a multidisciplinary and multi-site team that allows you to exchange good practices and discuss new technologies? Do you want to work in an international, but friendly environment? If so, then this might be your chance to become a part of our software development team!
Under the supervision of the R & D Director and in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, you will play an important role in the development of new products. You will be responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle for the Claisse product line. You will contribute to the design, coding, testing and deployment of software solutions to provide the best user experience possible for our customers.
You will have to work with the local R & D and software teams on a regular basis. You will also be part of Malvern Panalytical’s global software organization and will interact with colleague located internationally, to align practices, exchange new technologies, and more. As part of our customer-oriented design process, you may occasionally visit external customers.
What are your responsibilities?
· You will design, program and test the software of our devices;
· You will work within the software team using agile methods, participating in sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives;
· You will ensure that the software design is robust in order to ensure accurate, reliable and maintainable software;
· You will need to acquire, maintain and disseminate knowledge of the latest software technology and its potential application for Malvern Panalytical;
· You will work closely with the product manager to identify customer needs and the context of use of our devices.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
· Have a degree in Software Engineering or Computer Engineering and 5 years’ experience with relevant experience. Please note we will consider any combination of training and relevant experience;
· Have excellent knowledge of C #, .NET technologies and associated development tools;
· Have an interest in Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud computing (Azure cloud);
· Be curious, creative, eager to learn and interested in new technologies;
· Have a care for detail and quality of work;
· Fluent in French and have a working level of English.
Great to have?
· You have experience with WPF and MVVM;
· Have experience in a development context under agile methodologies;
· Know the SOLID and TDD practices.
When you join?
· Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
· We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering all employees the possibilities to make a real difference and where you can shape the future of our work processes.