Senior Software Engineer / Software Engineer
About this position:
Do you want to work with scientists and engineers in a team with a strong focus on quality and innovation? Do you want to play an important role in the development of the software for our advanced analytical instrumentation? Are you looking for a diverse software role in which you can apply your expertise to its full extent and increase your knowledge even further? Do you want the opportunity to work flexible hours and the ability to work from home if you wish*? Then this might be your chance to become part of our ambitious team!
In this role you will work in a highly dynamic, positive and action-driven environment. You will work closely with a team of multi-disciplinary specialists, reporting to the Software Team Leader.
* A minimum of one day per week in the office will be required, so you must be based within a reasonable commutable distance of Bristol.
What are your responsibilities?
• You will work in all parts of the software development life-cycle and be responsible for designing and building software to gather and analyse data from our analytical instruments;
• You will help solve software related problems and related systems engineering issues, as well as providing up-to-date knowledge of new software innovations and their potential application to the wider organisation;
• You will work in a Scrum environment where cross functional teamwork and close collaboration with the customer is highly valued.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• You have a bachelor’s degree in Computing Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar experience;
• You have at least 2 years’ experience in a C# development environment;
• You have strong analytical capabilities; you get energy from solving complex problems for a diversity of products and systems;
• Strongly results-driven with respect to customer products: Ability to think and act as an end user with emphasis on key product quality indicators, such as analytical performance, ease of use, robustness, completeness and speed;
• You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Great to have?
• Experience working with Agile work tracking tools (e.g. Microsoft Azure DevOps, Jira etc.);
• An interest in science and technology which goes beyond your day to day work.
When you join?
• Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training;
• We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities;
• You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes;
• Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm) and potential to work from home to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, we welcome applications from a wide range of candidates. We are particularly keen to see applications from returners to work, part-time candidates and people who have a strong interest in Software Engineering but might need some up-skilling in recent technologies and practices.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please visit click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.