Senior Mechanical Engineer
About this position:
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who will strengthen our R&D Sustaining team with competence around mechanical design concepts, testing and problem solving. You will be working on complex customer solutions that are used for material analysis in scientific and industrial products and process control. Are you looking for a position in which you can fully exploit your analytical and organizational skills? And would you like to do this in a global, but very personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our high-level R&D team.
In this role you are responsible for improving and maintaining mechanical designs due to operational issues, or through identified design improvements to improve functionality, yield, cost, or in response to customer feedback.
What are your responsibilities?
• You will problem-solve and fault-find customer and operational issues with our designs, deciding on the optimal route forwards given the constraints of the surrounding system.
• As a senior engineer, you will mentor or possibly line manage more junior mechanical engineers in good design techniques, experimentation, analysis and domain understanding.
• As a member of the R&D team, you will work mainly with Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing and the physics, electronics and systems engineers within R&D.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• Mechanical Engineering degree at a 2:1 or above or equivalent experience, preferably Chartered or working towards Chartership
• Ideally a minimum of 5 years' experience in an instrumentation development environment with specific experience of some of precision mechanics, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, design of mechanisms, product design, motor drives or control theory
• Experience with manufacturing process such as moulding, casting, machining (CNC), Additive, Sheet metal and finishing processes
• Experience with or understanding of special material performance
• Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team, including Software, Systems, and Electronics
• Fault-finding and problem-solving skills, preferably using Lean tools and methodology. Experience in requirements capture, generating specifications, knowledge capture and report writing
• Design for manufacture, assembly, and test experience. Ability to perform tolerance analysis and use statistical based approaches to validate designs and assemblies
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.