Senior Digital Electronics Engineer
About this position:
We are looking for a Senior Digital Electronics Engineer who will strengthen our R&D Sustaining team with competence around electronics design concepts, testing and problem solving. You will be working on complex customer solutions that are used for material analysis in scientific and industrial products and process control. Are you looking for a position in which you can fully exploit your analytical and organizational skills? And would you like to do this in a global, but very personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our high-level R&D team.
In this role you will contribute to the design of class-leading, cost effective, robust components and systems as part of the development of the Malvern Panalytical range of products.
What are your responsibilities?
• You will problem-solve and fault find customer and operational issues with electronics designs, as well as contributing to the design of innovative new products and platforms through the New Value Innovation (NVI) process.
• As a senior engineer, you will mentor or possibly line manage more junior electronics engineers in good design techniques, experimentation, analysis and domain understanding.
• As a member of the R&D team, the Senior Digital Electronics Engineer will work alongside engineers of other disciplines as well as PCB layout engineers and Operations to help bring new products to market.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• Electronic Engineering degree at a 2:1 or above or equivalent experience
• Use of schematic capture and printed circuit design tools
• Use of SPICE and SI simulation tools
• Design for manufacture, assembly, and test
• PCB, PCA, and cabling test methods including ATE
• Generating test specifications
• Fault finding and problem solving
• Report writing
• Design and development of data acquisition and control electronics, including FPGAs, Embedded Processor Systems and Electro-Optical components.
• Working within a multi-disciplinary team, including Software and PCB design engineers
• Ability to write test software would be useful
• Ability to write test code in VHDL would be useful
• General EMC and safety standards
When you join?
• Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings.
• We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
• You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.