Senior Development Scientist (Algorithms)
About this position:
Are you able to develop data algorithms for our next generation products? Are you looking for a position in which you will participate in product development as part of a multidisciplinary team? Do you want to do this in an international, but friendly environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Research and Development team!
In this role you will develop data algorithms for our next generation products. Algorithms are at the heart of all our products and this role will be critical to our future success. This is an exciting time to join the company, as we are currently undergoing a period of growth and change, but you will need to be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What are your responsibilities?
• You will analyse experimental data from our products to provide a detailed understanding of them and generate ideas for improvements;
• You will be responsible for the management of algorithms during product development and support their integration into product software;
• You will work in an Agile environment where cross-functional teamwork and close collaboration with the customers is highly valued;
• You must be able to manage your own time effectively and able to adapt according to business priorities.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• You have a strong analytical capability, you get energy from solving complex problems for a diversity of products and systems;
• An interest in creating efficient algorithms and good understanding of classic image processing techniques, feature extraction, Image enhancement, edge detection, without reliance on toolboxes;
• Degree in a STEM subject, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar experience preferred;
• For joining at the Senior Development Scientist level, we would expect 5-7 years’ experience working in industry, preferably in an Image Processing or Data Analysis role. We may consider candidates with less experience to join at the Development Scientist level;
• You have a proven track record of innovative problem solving and mathematical modelling and able to demonstrate programming experience, ideally in MATLAB, an understanding of C# would be beneficial;
• Able to communicate complex ideas effectively both verbally and in writing.
When you join?
• Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training;
• We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities;
• You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes;
• Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.