Almelo, The Netherlands
About this position:
Do you want to apply your academic training and technical expertise to solve real problems? Are you able to bring engineering excellence and scientific knowledge to complex instrumentation and application development? Are you able to translate customer problems and challenges into new technical solutions? Do you want to do this in an international environment? Then this is your chance to become a part of our Almelo R&D team.
In this role you will contribute heavily to Malvern Panalytical’s scientific research and development. You will participate in scientific partnerships for R&D, primarily associated with the X-Ray diffraction (XRD) product group. As a member of the R&D team you will have customer focus and cooperate with the market segment application group and the engineers in the R&D department in order to develop new innovative solutions. This position contributes to technology, product, application and method development for X-ray instrumentation, and the exploration of complementary technologies serving new and existing markets with value-delivering solutions.
What are your responsibilities?
- Applying deep technical understanding and application knowledge to provide solutions that advance X-ray Diffraction instrumentation and its applications as part of Malvern Panalytical’s development programs
- Understanding customer needs and translate them into technical solutions to improve and optimize the customer processes and the performance of our analytical offering
- Define and design technical and analytical solutions and verify and test their performance
- Keeping up with an Agile engineering team focused on delivering value in every sprint, working with customers to validate solutions and iterate quickly
- Flexibility to analyze customer challenges and support solving customer issues
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- A higher degree (preferably Dr. / PhD) in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or similar
- Experience in various XRD applications and knowledge of related technologies
- Excellent team player with good communication skills
- Customer and business oriented. Ability to understand customer needs and the willingness to immerse yourself in the customer’s workflow as we look to develop valuable solutions.
- Able to manage your workload independently, working in a high autonomy and accountability environment
- Fluent (speaking and writing) in English
Great to have?
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar role, or solving similar problems in an academic context
- Solid background in the field of X-ray optics
- Experience in the application of data science, machine learning, statistical methods etc.
- Knowledge of / experience in various complementary analytical methods
- Experience with MATLAB / Python
When you join?
- We continue to stimulate and support our employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings.
- Become part of a growing company where you will help to shape the future of the business
- You’ll be working with a great team, focused on delivering value to our customers and our business
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.