Requirements Software Engineer
Almelo, The Netherlands
About this position:
Do you want to play an important role in development of our X-ray fluorescence product line? Are you looking for a diverse position in which you can apply your expertise to its full extent and increase your knowledge even further? And do you want to do this within a high tech international, but very personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our ambitious Software Team!
In this role you will support the new product developments in Malvern Panalytical’s X-ray fluorescence (XRF) products, which are used for materials analysis in scientific and industrial product and process control. In this function. You will arrange that requirements are written down and managed. You will guard the consistence of requirements within the product and over the whole lifecycle of a product and acts upon this if this cannot be achieved.
What are your challenges?
- You will make proposals and aim for consensus on requirements and decides in agreement with the product owner team. Phases the introduction of functionality if planning and or cost ask this and when the functionality allows this.
- You will check if the proposed solution will solve the problem of the customer. The proposed solution can have the form of a document, mock up model, or working prototype. Checks with development team if there are alternatives solutions that lower the costs of throughput time or improve quality.
- You will check on make ability and testability of the requirements with the development team. (Defines acceptance criteria) Checks on usability with the representative of the customer
- You will be working with XRF systems and solving product problems, as they relate to software and related systems engineering issues.
- You will work closely together in a team in a multi-disciplinary environment, to design and implement new features in our analytical user software, to test the correct functioning of user software and assist in test automation.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- You have strong analytical capabilities; you get energy from solving complex problems for a diversity of products and systems.
- Strongly result-driven with respect to customer products: Ability to think and act as an end user with emphasis on key product quality indicators, such as analytical performance, ease of use, robustness and speed.
- Drive to work in a high-tech environment with the ambition to develop products with a strong competitive edge.
- You are fluent in English and prepared to (learn to) understand Dutch.
Great to have:
- Computer science (BSc), and experience with technical automation and affinity with one of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Affinity with laboratory equipment and/or strong affinity with analytical techniques
- Experience with agile methodologies and test-driven development
- Experience with data engineering.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.