R&D Team Lead
About this position:
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Are you able to drive the activities of the team to deliver a given Project, and react and adapt to changing business priorities? Are you looking for a position in which you can deliver value to the business and our customers, through innovation and good design techniques, experimentation, and analysis? Do you want to do this in an international, but friendly environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our UK R&D team!
In this role you will lead a multi-disciplinary R&D team to deliver a given New Value Innovation (NVI) or Research and Technology (R&T) Project, through close collaboration with Project managers, Product managers, and Software team leads, to drive the development team towards customer-centric solutions.
What are your responsibilities?
• Line managing and supporting career development of R&D team members.
• Coordinate with other R&D and cross-functional leaders, to react and adapt to changing business priorities.
• Foster an engineering culture which strives towards on time delivery of high-quality innovative solutions, and rapid and thorough diagnoses and fix of quality issues, with a focus on Design for Six Sigma (DfSS) and requirements driven design (Design for Excellence – DfX).
• Understand and mentor others in good design techniques, experimentation, analysis and domain understanding.
• Guide the development of new products through our NVI process, ensuring the correct technical direction is taken and taking on technical responsibility as appropriate.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• A result focussed, adaptable and innovative mindset, that ensures project delivery through flexibility of approach.
• Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline, Physics, or Maths, or equivalent. PhD in relevant discipline may be useful.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience minimum in a system development environment, with specific experience of measurement instrumentation.
• Proven ability to lead multidisciplinary teams, and Soft skills to collaborate with other departments.
Great to have?
• Experience of working in a role involving significant Operations and Service interaction beneficial, including engineering change control (ECN) processes, customer feedback, and experience of Lean manufacturing techniques (i.e. SPC).
• Experience and knowledge of Malvern products and technologies, particularly Laser Diffraction, Dynamic light scattering (DLS) or Gel Permeation Chromatography/Size Exclusion Chromatography (GPC/SEC).
When you join?
• Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
• We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
• You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.