Eindhoven, The Netherlands
About this position:
For this influential and senior leadership role we are looking for a technical and business savvy leader who is passionate about innovation, discovery, design, quality, development and deployment of new products in the analytical area with a keen strategic perspective and drive. The successful candidate will have boundless energy and passion to create a design environment of ‘restless innovation’.
What are your challenges?
•Leadership of new product introduction and full product lifecycle across the business.
•Managing research programs aligned with the innovation roadmap working closely with the Director of Innovation.
•Customer centric design: facilitate customer interaction for iterative solution validation.
• Responsible for ensuring robust IP protection of your area of responsibility working closely with the Director of IP.
• Awareness of technology developments, threats opportunities and disruptive technology.
• Identify and establish partnerships with key external groups, e.g. Consortia, Universities and Research Institutions.
• Day to day management of the R&D team in Eindhoven the Netherlands, 1 site ~ approx. 10 staff.
• Management of Eindhoven R&D budget inclusive of salaries and all external spending.
• Leadership of the OCR (organization capability review) process.
• Develop a strong talent pipeline; succession planning, recruitment and talent development.
• Working with R&D Netherlands leadership team develop the strategy of R&D efficiency and effectiveness monitored by Innovation KPIs for the creation of NVI solutions.
• Working closely with product management to implement value road mapping and value proposition validation.
• Work closely with the project management office (PMO) to support the inclusion of all functions across the business in the New Value Innovation (NVI*) process.
• Working closely with the Director of R&D Netherlands to support delivery of specific NVI projects as part of the MP strategy.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• Master or PhD degree in relevant engineering or science subject.
• 10+ years technical leadership with experience of managing multi discipline engineering teams.
• Track record of delivering high quality, complex new products and/or research programs
• Demonstrable project management experience (including Agile).
• Knowledge of Lean R&D processes and tools such as DFSS and Scrum.
• Excellent understanding of business management including procedures and business finance.
• Ability to support new product introduction, ensuring buy in from product management, marketing, operations, manufacturing engineering, customer support, service & sales.
• You are energetic, passionate and determined; you are a logical and incisive problem solver.
• You are independent and courageous whilst able to support and empower your team.
• You are fluent in English and Dutch.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please contact Claudia Janssen (email@example.com) if you would like more information about this position.
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.