R&D Manager – Northampton
About this position:
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Are you able to bring engineering excellence to a complex instrumentation setting? Are you looking for a position in which allows you to work with the full product lifecycle from development through to End-of-life ? Do you want to do this in an international, but personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Northampton engineering team!
In this role you will lead a multi-disciplined team including electronics, mechanics and system engineers, applications scientists, physicists, material scientists, chemists and bio-chemists. You will work closely with the Software Team Leader(s) to ensure that the system and software development are closely coupled. The candidate must be able to lead across all disciplines and have very strong people management skills. Customer engagement in the product development process will be an important element of the role and you should therefore be an advocate of a customer centric design process.
What are you going to do in this role?
- Engineering of full product lifecycle across the MicroCal product line
- Manage delivery of specific NVI projects and common software components as part of the Malvern Panalytical software strategy
- Awareness of technology developments, threats, opportunities and disruptive technologies
- Developing a strong talent pipeline including succession planning, recruitment and talent development working with the director of R&D for the US.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Knowledge of Lean R&D processes and tools such as DFSS and Scrum
- Thrives in a quantum organization
- Project Management experience (Including Agile)
- Good understanding of business management including standards and procedures relevant to R&D
Great to have?
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant engineering or science subject
- 2 years of experience in a technical leadership role experienced with managing multi-disciplined engineering teams
- Great communications and cross-functional team working, can-do attitude and a desire for a better future state
- Track record of delivering high quality, complex new products and/or research programs
When you join?
- Your career will take off with the ‘New Hire Training’. We continue to stimulate and support our employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings. We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Working with a great team, focused on delivering value to our customers and our business
YES, I WANT THIS JOB:
Please click apply and submit your CV and cover letter.