Project Engineering Manager
About this position:
Are you able to convert customers' wishes into working solutions? Are you looking for a position in which you can work the full width of the engineering spectrum while leading your team? Do you want to do this in an international, but friendly environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Automation Solutions Group (ASG) team!
In this role you will lead by example the UK part of the multi-location ASG supply engineering team. This means that, while leading the day-to-day activities of the team, you also have time to lead your own projects.
What are your responsibilities?
• Leading the local team - Leading the ASG engineering team ensuring safety, engineering, quality, time and cost requirements are met for Automation Solutions Group projects and activities.
• Leading ASG projects - Leading by example, the Project Engineering Manager will manage a portfolio of commercial engineering projects contributing to the overall capacity of the ASG supply team. The Project Engineering Manager may also provide an escalation path for Project Leads.
• Engineering Management - Providing line management support to ASG UK Project Engineering team through coaching, mentoring and performance appraisal. Developing interdisciplinary engineering skills across the team. Allocating engineering resources and arbitrating where necessary.
• Engineering Excellence - Ensuring project requirements are achieved while meeting all necessary safety, compliance and technical standards are met. Fostering innovative design in the creative phases of projects and profession discipline in the detailed realisation of solutions.
• Project Excellence - Promoting wide project stakeholder engagement and facilitating open and honest communications. Ensuring projects are appropriately planned, managed, executed, fully documented and all necessary records are maintained.
• Performance Monitoring - Monitoring and reporting key performance metrics for ASG projects and using this data to guide incremental improvement of performance, process and procedures. Ensuring the project engineering team is accurately recording project time and costs.
• Continuous Improvement - Contributing to the ongoing development of the engineering tools, procedures, facilities and the product portfolio.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• The ability to communicate effectively with global stakeholders involved in the completion of ASG projects. This includes the client and their subcontractors, suppliers and partners and in situations where issues may have arisen.
• The ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external customers across the Malvern Panalytical organisation and its sales channels.
• The ability to motivate and support line supports, yet to guide and improve performance when necessary.
• Due to compliance responsibilities the ASG Project Engineering Manager would be expected to be a Chartered Engineer or actively working towards professional registration with an engineering institution.
• Demonstrated engineering design experience over a broad range of disciplines in an interdisciplinary environment.
• Extensive commercial awareness and experience within a commercial project engineering organisation.
• Strong project planning experience, preferably backed up with formal project management training.
• Knowledge of industrial automation, control and instrumentation.
• Industrial software engineering, SCADA, PLC, control and automation knowledge.
• Appreciation of electrical and electronic engineering.
• An understanding of serial communications systems and industrial fieldbus protocols.
• Ethernet networks and network architecture.
• Appreciation of control theory and systems engineering.
• Understanding of CAD systems and simulation tools.
• Industrial cyber security awareness.
• Functional safety awareness.
Great to have?
• Open and supportive style
• Clear communication skills
• Cross-cultural team-player skills
When you join?
• Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
• We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
• You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.