Materials and Logistics Manager
About this position:
Are you looking for a position in which you can fully utilize your commercial, analytical, and technical skills? Do you want to do this in an international, global, personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our innovative and enthusiastic Materials & Logistics Team.
In this role you will develop and implement effective Manufacturing Plans for the Northampton, MA, location and oversees Logistics and Inventory Control for both the Northampton and Westborough, MA, locations. This combination of responsibilities is pivotal for the organization to deliver Customer Satisfaction for both internal and external customers.
What are your responsibilities?
· Manages Inventory Control and Logistics personnel to ensure On-Time Deliveries and Inventory Accuracy.
· Executes Planning functions to create production schedules, liaising with Manufacturing and Procurement to meet customer expectations and business forecast
· Responsible to ensure inventory transactions in the ERP system are carried out properly and accurately (SAP)
· Works with shipping carriers, freight forwarders and brokers to resolve delivery and collection queries
· Ensures customer returns are processed safely per defined procedures
· Identifies areas for continuous improvement and coordinates with internal resources to implement necessary changes
What do you need to be successful in this role?
· Minimum 5 years’ experience within a Materials Planning and Logistics Environment using a computer-based ERP system, preferably SAP
· Must be proficient in Excel.
· Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques, preferably Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
· Project management or change management experience desirable.
· Computer literacy and good written and oral communications are a pre-requisite.
Great to have?
· Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Business or related field and 5 years’ relevant experience
· International logistics experience to support product import and export needs
When you join?
· Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction program. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
· We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
· You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.