IT Operations Analyst
Northampton, USA or Westborough, USA
About this position:
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Are you able to learn new technologies fast? Are you looking for a position in which you are challenged on a daily basis? Do you want to do this in an international, personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Global Infrastructure and Security team!
In this role you will be responsible for keeping the global Infrastructure and its services running. This includes monitoring, backups & restores and infrastructure maintenance. There is also a wide variety of project work that will bring a good balance to the BAU work. This is a role that will work with all other IT groups as well as the wider business and will give you a broad exposure to difference technologies, from network switches to business systems applications.
In this role you will potentially work out of your house and our Westborough and Northampton, MA offices.
What are your responsibilities?
· Ensure the proper functioning of all internal IT systems and respond to the alerts generated by the monitoring systems
· Assist the Infrastructure team with capacity planning for new projects on current and new infrastructure
· Ensure all IT Systems and network devices are managed, maintained and monitored as per our internal policy
· Any systems that are not conforming to the patch schedule needs to be documented and a response plan should be in place
· Work closely with key partners to ensure the Infrastructure team is up to date with upcoming requirements such as security incidents, emergency patching and new firmware and BIOS releases
· Ensure all Internal IT systems are backed up and perform regular test restores (including of the backup system itself)
· Provide system and security reports to Global Infrastructure Manager on a regular basis
· Ensure documented procedures are in place for incident management and response
· Respond to infrastructure incidents as a first point of contact after tickets have been triaged by service desk
· Continually look for areas of improvement in technologies and proactively take steps to automate support tasks wherever possible
What do you need to be successful in this role?
· An ability to take ownership and initiative, as well a stay focused on the task until it is complete
· A can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and help
· An ability work individually as well as in a team
· Ability to learn quickly
· A degree in computing
o Experience in:
o Desktop support
o Experience of supporting business systems
o Experience of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
o Active Directory, Azure Active Directory and core components such as Azure, ADDS, GPOs, DNS
o Office365 support and security monitoring
o Windows server 2008R2 and above
o Networking (WAN and LAN)
o Incident response
Great to have?
· Understanding of networking (LAN, WAN, SD-WAN),
· Understanding of server OS (Linux and Windows),
· Azure Active Directory
· Network Access Control
· Monitoring and compliance tools such as SolarWinds
· Sophos Anti-Virus
· O365 security and compliance
When you join?
· Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction program. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
· We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
· You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.