Field Service Engineer
About this position:
Malvern Panalytical is a leading provider of scientific instrumentation for the measurement of elemental concentrations, crystallographic structure, molecular structure, remote sensing, rheology, particle size, particle shape, particle concentration and more.
Malvern Panalytical prides itself on exemplary customer service. Our top priority is to provide the best experience ever. That means we are relentlessly aiming for the highest quality customer care in order to maximize our customer’s economic growth targets. As a Field Service Representative, you will serve our customers located in Ontario (65%) and in the Prairie Provinces (35%). You may also need to occasionally help in the Western part of Canada.
Your work will include installations, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of complex scientific and analytical instrumentation. You will work mostly on our Panalytical product line, but you may cover for other product line (Malvern, Claisse, ASD) when needed.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is self directed and detail oriented.
What are your responsibilities?
· Repair and maintenance of complex scientific and analytical instrumentation.
· Perform installation of equipment from delivery to sign-off.
· Perform diagnoses and supports remotely.
· Track case details in our CRM system to document service history and data analysis.
· Perform preventive maintenance per maintenance schedule and guidelines.
· Keep customers well informed and appropriate personnel on any open issues.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
· College degree in electronics technology or equivalent.
· At least 5 years of experience in customer support or in technical support
· Able and willing to travel, up to 80% of your time, across Canada. You will deserve primarily the Ontario region (65%) but also the Prairie Provinces (35%). You may also need to occasionally help in the Western part of Canada. Considering the location of our customers, you will need to travel by car and also by plane.
· Experience in electronics;
· Good technical hands-on skills and habilities to work with tools (toolkit);
· Experience in precision mechanics;
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Excellent customer-relationship skills;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Excellent ability to solve problems.
· Ability to make sound decisions under stressful conditions.
· Ability to effectively document actions taken.
· Politeness and diplomacy;
· Good organizational and planning skills.
· Great sense of initiative and ability to work with people at different hierarchical levels.
· Note : This job require to have a passport and have a valid driver’s license.
Great to have?
· Background in XRF or XRD will be a strong asset.
· Knowledge on applied physics, or in the chemistry field.
The masculine form used in this text includes both men and women. We are an equal opportunity employer.