Engineering Team Leader – Sustaining and Improvements
About this position:
Are you looking for a position in which you can fully exploit your analytical, organizational, people management and leadership skills? And would you like to do this in a global, but personal and friendly environment? Then this might be your chance to become a leader in part of our high-level R&D team.
We are looking for a talented engineer who will lead our R&D Sustaining team. You will be working on complex customer solutions that are used for material analysis in scientific and industrial products and process control. You will be the line manager of a multidisciplinary engineering team, which is responsible for activities related to sustaining the quality, cost and supply of Malvern Panalytical’s products.
In this role you are responsible for driving and coordinating the team’s activities. You will be responsible for the development of the team, setting the culture, coordinating across cross-functional business units, and clearly communicating status.
• As the leader of an R&D team, you will drive and coordinate the team activities related to sustaining the quality, cost and supply of Malvern Panalytical’s products, in collaboration with project management and cross functional departments, to adapt to business priorities.
• You will line manage and develop the multidisciplinary engineering team, and define the culture for the team.
• You will communicate with senior management and R&D teams in a fast moving and changing environment, providing stability and clarity to the team.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• Ideally 3 - 5 years’ experience minimum in a system development environment, with specific experience of measurement instrumentation, including Laser Light Scattering, Photon Correlation Spectroscopy, Imaging Systems, Rheology and / or related subsystems a benefit.
• Excellent problem-solving ability and analytical skills. The ability to solve complex systems problems using a combination of sound experimental technique and good analytical understanding is of particular importance at this level.
• Proven ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
• Good experimental techniques and understanding of statistical analysis.
• Ability to present complex arguments simply, both written and orally.
• Soft skills to collaborate with other departments
• Experience of working in a role involving significant Operations and Service interaction would be beneficial, including engineering change control (ECN) processes, customer feedback (CFB), and experience of Lean manufacturing techniques (SPC).
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.