About this position:
We are looking for an Electronics Engineer who will strengthen our R&D Sustaining team with competence around electronics design concepts, testing and problem solving. You will be working on complex customer solutions that are used for material analysis in scientific and industrial products and process control. Are you looking for a position in which you can fully exploit your analytical and organizational skills? And would you like to do this in a global, but very personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our high-level R&D team.
In this role you are responsible for improving and maintaining electronic designs due to discontinued components, or through identified design improvements to improve functionality, yield, cost, or in response to customer feedback.
What are your responsibilities?
• You will problem-solve and fault-find customer and operational issues with electronics designs, and decide on the best route to maintain products through discontinued components.
• As a member of the R&D team, you will work mainly with PCB layout engineers and supply chain engineers on the shop floor, along with Purchasing and the physics/software/mechanical engineers in R&D.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• Electronic Engineering degree at a 2:1 or above or equivalent experience
• Use of schematic capture and printed circuit design tools
• Use of SPICE and SI simulation tools
• Design for manufacture, assembly, and test
• PCB, PCA, and cabling test methods
• Generating test specifications
• Fault finding and problem solving
• Report writing
• Design of micro-controller and DSP based instrumentation and control electronics, including sensor interfaces, dc-dc regulators, and small actuator drives
• Working within a multi-disciplinary team, including Software and PCB design engineers
• Ability to write test software would be useful
• Ability to write test code in VHDL would be useful
• General EMC and safety standards
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.