Customer Support Engineer – New Orleans
US – Westborough, MA
About this position:
Are you able to solve problems and demonstrate your determination to get results ? Are you looking for a position in which you can fully exploit your commercial, analytical and technical skills? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our innovative and enthusiastic Service Team!
In this role you will perform installations, repairs, and maintenance of complex scientific and analytical instrumentation within Malvern Panalytical’s customer base. This is a remote position, based in the New Orleans, LA area.
What are your responsibilities?
· Promote the Malvern Panalytical brand through professional preventive maintenances, repairs and installations of complex analytical instruments across the company’s portfolio
· Enhance customer support and product sales in the American territories through a proactive integration of their technical expertise into the daily sales, customer support, & training activities of the Malvern Panalytical team and customer base
· You will be required to act as a back-up (when needed) on other systems / platforms as applicable inside and outside of the region / state
· Some weekend standby duty may be required as applicable to customer requirement
· Ensure central dispatch is updated promptly with any schedule changes
· Anticipate and escalate potential deviations impacting customer satisfaction
· Accurately keep track of inventory and parts consumption
· Manage expenses within corporate travel guidelines
What do you need to be successful in this role?
· Excellent communication and customer handling skills
· Ability to travel 85% (including overnight travel and some international travel)
· Being timely, in response to customers, updating your daily progress to your manager, processing customer returns, and submitting paperwork accurately
· Ability to work under pressure, and willingness to be flexible
· Strong team work ethic and an altruistic attitude
Great to have?
· Associate degree in electronics or electro-mechanical field; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 3 – 5 years of hands on experience in a similar role
· Excellent customer relationship skills including communication, accountability, and the ability to understand customer needs and how best to handle them
When you join?
· Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction program. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
· We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
· You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.