Commodity/Category Buyer (Mechanics)
About this position:
Do you have experience managing a high mix low volume mechanical supply chain? Are you looking for a position in which you can contribute to the development of new products, which are used all over the world? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Procurement team!
In this role you will be responsible for the whole procurement cycle – from supplier selection and approval, through drafting and negotiating contracts, to managing and developing appointed suppliers – demonstrating a positive input at every stage. You will be motivated to improve quality, reduce cost, meet deadlines and drive lean procurement through the supply chain.
What are your responsibilities?
• Negotiating price and delivery for production supply of parts.
• Processing new outputs from MRP and ensuring smooth handover to ICS Team.
• Working with the Strategic and New Product teams to select the most cost-effective suppliers for long lead-time / capital investment items at the earliest possible stage in projects.
• Working with the New Product purchasing representative during the handover of projects from Alpha and Beta phases into production, ensuring continuity with the appropriate production suppliers.
• Evaluating and appraising new and current suppliers with Lead Buyer’s whilst working closely with the Manufacturing Engineering department to identify cost and lead time reduction opportunities.
• Working with the Manufacturing Engineering department and Lead Buyer’s to resolve supply chain quality issues.
• Supporting the implementation of best practice purchasing methods throughout the supply chain to continually improve purchasing performance.
• Taking responsibility for supplier performance and the resolution of supplier related issues within a portfolio of suppliers as defined by the Lead Buyer.
• Ensuring all parts are purchased from the correct approved source and maintaining supplier approvals, contracts and parameters.
• Implementing strategy as defined by senior team i.e. supplier rationalization, disaster recovery and supporting product road maps.
• Ensuring continuity of supply and risk mitigation.
• Working with Purchasing Manager to develop new KPI’s as required.
• Supplier Audits in line with the Audits schedule.
• N.B. This list is not exhaustive and other reasonable tasks may be required.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• A background in low volume high mix engineering manufacturing is essential with a minimum of five years’ purchasing experience in a similar role. Strong analytical and IT skills are essential for this role. Experience of SAP ERP would be beneficial.
Great to have?
• Experience of procuring fabricated and machined items or high-level assemblies
• Mouldings and castings experience
• LCC sourcing experience
When you join?
• Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
• We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
• You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
• Flexitime (Core hours 08.30am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.