Benchtop Repair Engineer
About this position:
Job Title: Benchtop Repair Engineer
Location: Westborough, MA
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Are you able to bring engineering excellence to a complex instrumentation setting? Are you looking for a position in which you work with the full product life cycle from development through to End-of-life? Do you want to do this in an international, friendly environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Westborough Technical Operations team!
In this role you will provide instrument repairs, testing and calibration (including IQ/OQ) for customer units returned from the field as well as support for the instrumentation located in the Application Laboratories in Westborough, MA. You will also be responsible for the benchtop repair and calibration processes for the Malvern Panalytical systems, starting with X-Ray and NIR/Remote Sensing products.
What are your responsibilities?
· Collaborate effectively with members of the sales, customer support and applications group to ensure a seamless customer experience
· Further enhance the Sales Demonstration process by fine tuning the systems to the demo requirements
· Work directly with customers in the repair and calibration of ‘return to base’ products
· International travel to our facilities in the Netherlands and the United Kingdom for factory training on the products will be required
What do you need to be successful in this role?
· Be the technical point of contact for the sales and applications teams as part of the demo process
· Coordinate the necessary activities required to repair and calibrate Malvern Panalytical instruments to meet specifications and customer requirements
· Must have excellent communication and systematic problem-solving skills
· Must coordinate and perform benchtop repairs in line with customer requests and contractual obligations
Great to have?
· BS/BA or AAS in Electronic Technology or equivalent
· 2-4 years related field experience supporting analytical equipment or related fields
· Technical trouble shooting skills with all PC operating systems
· Experience with Salesforce and Service Max (or other CRM/service management systems)
When you join?
· Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction program. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
· We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
· You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
· Working with a great team, focused on delivering value to our customers and our business
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.