US – Houston, TX
About this position:
Are you able to bring scientific excellence to a complex instrumentation setting? Are you looking for a position which allows you to work with the full product life cycle from development through to End-Of-Life? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Global Applications Specialist team!
In this role we are looking for an energetic Application Specialist to provide strong applications-oriented support to our Americas Sales team and customers, both pre-sales in the form of field-based demonstrations, consultancies and applications expertise, post-sales activities such as Customer Trainings, method optimization and application troubleshooting, and Marketing support in terms of presenting at conferences, creating whitepapers and peer-review journal articles related to providing a customer-centric solution to a company’s issues/problems/pain utilizing Malvern Panalytical’s complementary range of products and scientific resources.
What are your responsibilities?
· Must be able to perform exceptional Laser Diffraction (LD), Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS), and/or Analytical Imaging (AI) product demonstrations and support our scientific range of LD/DLS/AI instrumentation in a wide variety of applications and to various levels of audiences
· Be able to develop and optimize application methodology to meet specific customer needs
· Support Marketing content generation through customer case studies and reports, analysis of laboratory samples and conducting internal/external training sessions
· Be the field technical/commercial expert to fully support the efforts of Account Managers/Inside Sales ensuring revenue objectives are achieved for their respective product lines
What do you need to be successful in this role?
· Must possess a strong technical aptitude, be commercially savvy and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven customer focused attitude and troubleshooting abilities are a must.
· Must be open to a variety of industries and processes to be able to utilize his or her analytical and engineering skills.
· Frequent overnight travel is primarily focused for the regions of Mexico and Latin America, and secondarily throughout the US and Canada, is expected.
· Must be fluent on English and Spanish, with Portuguese preferred, but not required.
Great to have?
· Ph.D. related to Biochemistry, Biophysics, Colloid Chemistry, Chemistry, Engineering, Materials Science, Imaging, and other scientific disciplines including the physical sciences is preferred, but not required.
· Master’s degree or degree specific to our industry (scientific or analytical instrumentation) will be strongly considered.
· Minimum 4-6 years’ direct industrial and/or academic experience, working in a research, laboratory, or a development setting.
· Experience or direct knowledge of Malvern Panalytical technologies (i.e. GPC/SEC, DLS, Laser Diffraction, Sample Preparation, XRD) is preferred, but not required.
When you join?
· Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction program. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
· We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
· You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
· Working with a great team, focused on delivering value to our customers and our business
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.