Application Specialist – XRD
Almelo, The Netherlands
About this position:
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on customer focus and technological innovation? Are you looking for a position in which you will help realise the roadmap for the future Malvern Panalytical solutions and products? Do you want to do this in an international and friendly environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Application Laboratory team!
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious Application Specialist XRD with deep experience and knowledge in mineralogy and building materials, who sees a challenge in supporting our sales organization from a commercial and technical point of view and in contributing to the innovation and optimization of products, methods, and solutions.
Job description – main tasks and responsibilities
• Providing demonstrations and conducting feasibility studies for international prospects in the Malvern Panalytical Application Laboratory in Almelo, The Netherlands.
• Training of customers during courses in Almelo or at customers sites.
• Investigating the XRD market and possibilities for cross-selling via intense customer contacts and visits of international conferences and exhibitions.
• Contributing to the development and testing of future products and solution in close cooperation with R&D department.
• Contributing to Malvern Panalytical product positioning and promotion by writing commercial materials and scientific articles.
Job Requirements & competencies
• A university degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or other related disciplines.
• A solid background in the field of X-ray diffraction, crystallography, Rietveld method and/or scattering techniques in general.
• Experiences in the structural analysis of cements and building materials in general, mining products, minerals and clay minerals.
• PhD degree in Chemistry, Physics, Mineralogy, Geology, Materials Science or Engineering or other related field is a plus.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in scientific laboratories.
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal. Good knowledge of Spanish and/or French language is also welcome.
• Pro-active, autonomous attitude and can-do mentality.
• Commercially oriented and results driven.
• Experience in working in projects and a team player.
• Good communication skills.
• Availability to international travels.
When you join?
• Your career will take off with an induction program. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge, and performance.
• We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
• You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.