Application Specialist – PAS
About this position:
Are you able to bring scientific excellence to a complex instrumentation setting? Are you looking for a position in which allows you to work with the full product lifecycle from development through to End-of-life? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Global Application Specialists team!
In this role we are looking for an energetic Application Specialist to provide strong applications-oriented support to our Americas Sales team and customers, both pre-sales in the form of field-based demonstrations, consultancies and applications expertise, post-sales activities such as Customer Trainings, method optimization and application troubleshooting, and Marketing support in terms of presenting at conferences, creating whitepapers and peer-review journal articles related to providing a customer-centric solution to a company’s issues/problems/pain utilizing Malvern Panalytical’s complementary range of products and scientific resources
What are your responsibilities?
· Must be able to perform exceptional Process Automation Solutions (PAS) product demonstrations and support our scientific range of PAS instrumentation in a wide variety of applications and to various levels of audiences
· Be able to develop and optimize application methodology to meet specific customer needs
· Support Marketing content generation through customer case studies and reports, analysis of laboratory samples and conducting internal/external training sessions
· Be the field technical/commercial expert to fully support the efforts of Account Managers/Inside Sales ensuring revenue objectives are achieved for their respective product lines.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
· Must possess a strong technical aptitude, be commercially savvy and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must have strong industrial computer communications understanding/experience. (OPC, Modbus, Ethernet platforms for SCADA/DCS/PLC interface.
· Proven customer focused attitude and troubleshooting abilities are a must.
· Must be open to a variety of industries and processes to be able to utilize his or her analytical and engineering skills.
· Frequent overnight travel throughout the US and Canada is expected as well as occasional international travel
Great to have?
· Bachelors or an advanced Degree related to Chemical/Mechanical/Process Engineering/Material Science and other scientific disciplines including the physical sciences is preferred, but not required.
· Master’s degree or degree specific to our industry (scientific or analytical instrumentation) will be strongly considered.
· Minimum 4-6 years’ direct industrial, process, production or pilot lab related setting. Academic experience in research or process development considered.
· Experience or direct knowledge of Malvern Panalytical technologies (i.e. Laser Diffraction, DLS, Zeta Potential, Sample Preparation, CNA, XRF/XRD) is preferred, but not required.
When you join?
· Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction program. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
· We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
· You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
· Working with a great team, focused on delivering value to our customers and our business
· We offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.