United States Customer Support Manager
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
When you make the invisible visible, the impossible is possible.
Our analytical systems and services help our customers to create a better world. Through chemical, physical and structural analysis of materials, they improve everything from the energies that power us and the materials we build with, to the medicines that cure us and the foods we enjoy. We partner with many of the world’s biggest companies, universities and research organizations. They value us not only for the power of our solutions, but also for the depth of our expertise, collaboration and integrity.
With over 2200 employees, we serve the world, and we are part of Spectris plc, the world-leading precision measurements group.
Malvern Panalytical. We’re big on small.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• The United States Customer Service Manager will be entrusted with making sound strategic and transparent tactical decisions that reflect on Malvern Panalytical’s reputation, profitability and customer retention.
• Successfully manage, motivate, develop and maintain a group of geographically dispersed Service Managers and other customer support staff (when applicable) to meet and exceed the current and future needs of our customers.
• Build and retain a world-class field service team and a strong, positive customer service culture being a tenacious champion of “the customer comes first.”
• Establishes and measures clear goals for the team. Drives a culture of accountability, continuous improvement, coaching and career development.
• Assist in the development of the AMEC Service Strategy and then be responsible for the deployment, implementation and enforcement of the resulting processes across the US, in alignment with the global CS Strategy.
• Measures and analyzes performance, make recommendations to improve customer/ employee experience, improve productivity and reduce expense.
• Drive and deliver customer service KPI metrics in support of overall business unit goals and metrics.
• Lead customer success improvements and future process implementations to respond to customer / business needs in time-efficient manner
• Partner up with relevant groups within Malvern Panalytical (senior Customer Service management, Sector Sales Management, Demand Management Group, 3rd line Technical Helpdesk, etc.) to ensure the highest level of efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
• Address all escalations in line with standard protocol – includes action plans, follow ups and debriefs with direct communication with customers and the Regional Customer Services Director.
• Ensure that Customer Service processes are executed in line with the globally/regionally agreed policies.
• Embrace and drive adoption of technology advancements and tools to promote step change improvements within the US field services team.
• Drive field team to execute all installation activities in alignment with all commercial forecasts / schedules while also performing work to meet/exceed all After Sales revenue goals.
• Oversee and manage personnel activities across the US as applicable, such as performance appraisals, salary adjustments, hiring and termination of employees.
• Monitor and reinforce the proper use of time sheets / calendar data to measure the team vs. the expected goals of utilization, travel time, admin time, etc..
• Foster & maintain strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ensure compliance with attendance of service managers and customer support engineers at training sessions at the relevant Malvern Panalytical training centers, including COBE and H&S training.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Must have field management experience, with experience managing field service teams and customer support including dispatch, on call and field team support
• Experience and knowledge in after-sales business
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Previous experience in a previous customer support or field service position is preferred.
• Knowledge of analytical instrumentation
• Good understanding of budgets, pricing, margins and possess good general business acumen
• Knowledge of PC operating systems, salesforce.com, MS office suite
• Ability to travel both locally and internationally
• Customer oriented attitude
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Result driven team-player
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Minimum Bachelor degree; in lieu of degree, may consider equivalent combination of education, training and significant experience.