Technical Support Specialist
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Technical Support Specialist North America
This is a remote position, can be located anywhere in the US.
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation? Do you want to be a real business partner for our customers by offering value-added propositions? Are you looking for a position in which you can fully exploit your service and sales skills? Do you want to do this in an international, global, but personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our innovative and enthusiastic customer support team.
In this role you will become an expert in all support aspects of assigned products. You will be expected to enhance customer support and product sales in the AMEC territories through a proactive integration of their technical expertise into the daily customer support & training activities of the field team(s) and customer base. You will have to support all customer inquiries via telephone and e-mail or other means of communication for the AMEC territories. Occasional field support visits may be required. You will be one of the French support specialists for our French speaking customer base.
What are your challenges?
- Ensure proper language support for all French speaking customers and associates within North America is continual at industry leading levels.
- Ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained at the highest level possible, by responding to customer inquiries, needs and/or complaints promptly and courteously.
- Provide support for field personnel and customer issues as assigned.
- Work closely with the supply center(s) support teams to ensure all issues are resolved in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Participate in regional training sessions for field personnel in the excellence centers as needed/requested.
- Actively participate in repair depot work as requested by the repair team and as directed by management, particularly on technical aspects of MP systems and Microsoft security protocols/infrastructure/environment.
- Possibly provide backup support for field service jobs, including installations and training of the customer for newly purchased equipment.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- English and French language capabilities (oral and written).
- Effective and professional communication
- Ability to effectively problem solve
- Interpret technical instructions in mathematical or schematic forms, dealing with abstract and concrete variables.
- Extensive computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and infrastructure knowledge/experience.
- Strong technical credentials
- Ability to travel (10%)
Great to have?
- Bachelor’s degree with experience, or Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience in field service or technical repair center knowledge
- Experience working with laboratory instrumentation or similar equipment
When you join?
- We continue to stimulate and support our employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings. We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Malvern Panalytical is at an exciting stage in its growth and as such can offer the right candidate the ability to develop their knowledge and skills as well as good opportunities for progression. Our benefits package includes a competitive salary, an employer matched 401(k) savings, medical and dental coverage and tuition reimbursement.
Your CV and motivation letter can also be submitted on our career page.www.malvernpanalytical.com