Team Leader (Toxicology)
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Team Leader (Toxicology)
Management and operational contribution in the delivery of Biology services. Key contributor to developing operational efficiencies in line with business objectives. Supporting business development activities as required to facilitate strong pipeline growth. Responsible for supporting the financial performance of a designated team through ensuring high quality, timely delivery of client projects.
• Performing study directing/Responsible Scientist/Principal Investigator duties independently when required, including; preparing study and study phase plans; protocol preparation; supervision and execution of studies; updating the master schedule; and work activities in accordance with appropriate SOPs and in compliance with GLP (when GLP compliance is required). • Referring study/study phase plan or protocol designs and reports to QA when auditing and to Head of Science for technical Review when required. Respond to audit finding within the required time frame according to local SOP. • Ensuring scientists performing work on study activities are appropriately trained and supervised and there are sufficient resources available. • Communicating with relevant internal and external stakeholders through the study and study phase set up and lifecycle, such as QA, the Sponsor and external Study Director. • Study direct projects where required (if capacity is restricted or complexity of the project requires involvement). • Competent as Study Director for relevant discipline area.
• Developing new or updating SOPs, any relevant standard forms or templates and study documentation, as required.
• Ensuring the master schedule and project management scheduling platforms are up to date. • Overseeing management and tracking of activities using Team Gantt. • Scheduling multiple studies/projects. • Working closely with the Programme Management team when required. • Working with colleagues and Head of Operations to manage project schedules and/or study phase schedules to maximise efficiency and profitability. • Seeking potential future work opportunities using SalesForce and ensuring sufficient resource is available to support timelines agreed post contract finalisation.
• Performing scientific reviews of processed data and results. • Independently developing methods/performing R&D.
Data Analysis and Interpretation:
• Analysing data using appropriate statistical analysis, interpreting results and preparing data presentations and study reports as required. • Keeping abreast of current relevant guidelines, scientific literature and relevant regulations ensuring all approaches within relevant discipline and any study/study phase work is performed appropriately.
Maintenance of Records:
• Ensuring accurate record keeping and data integrity of all experimental work, from initial study plan/study phase plan/protocol development, accurate data recording on QA approved study/study phase proforma, through to write up of results and report production, archiving in accordance with SOPs and to the relevant regulatory standard, when required.
Study Plans/Study Phase Plans and Reports:
• Scientifically reviewing draft plans or reports. • Accountable for final plans or reports according to local SOPS and regulations, when required.
• Accountable for ensuring the accuracy of revenue recognition and invoicing milestones. • Accountable for triggering revenue recognition and invoicing milestones when reached. • Preparing appropriate cost models for potential work opportunities, including direct costs and work hours. • Reviewing project costings, ensuring productive progression of projects allocated to reporting team, awareness of invoice milestones, project direct expense budget and appropriate financial tracking to inform revenue recognition. • Performing study/study phase profit reviews following finalisation. • Understanding the service line and discipline area financial targets and working with Colleagues and the Head of Operations to maximise operational output throughout revenue and profitability.
Business Development and Marketing Support:
• Representing the business at client facing meetings. • Along with the business development lead, take an active role in nurturing new and expanding existing client relationships and where required, take a lead role in tracking projected revenue in appropriate software. • Presenting the Company’s portfolio of service offerings to Clients. Company Confidential for Internal Use Only • Where required, attending scientific and industry conferences to delivering any presentations and/or poster presentations (either in person or virtually) and to assisting in fielding enquiries to capture potential new business opportunities. • Identifying and suggesting marketing ideas to advertise our scientific expertise.
Operational and Scientific Excellence:
• Analysing and identifying opportunities for staff cross utilisation, where appropriate instigating relevant staff training to ensure maximum flexibility for project delivery • Working with colleagues on current and future scientific strategies.
• Line management responsibility. • Accountable for ensuring reports are appropriately trained in techniques and procedures required for all work and study conduct. • Accountable for team output, ensuring effective utilisation of teams and resources. • Accountable for the performance and talent management lifecycle for responsible teams; ensuring goals and development plans are in place; performance reviews are conducted; and training and development needs are identified and implemented. • Appropriately delegating projects, studies and study phase delivery with resource across the team. • Identifying the best use of resource across the team, analysing existing skill set and building a business case for any recruitment requirements. Ensuring any approved recruitment is delivered effectively in line with systems and procedures.
Health and Safety:
• Advocate for following all health and safety procedures. • Complying with all Health and Safety requirements established for the site and proactively make recommendations for improvement. • Responsible for implementing the health and safety procedures, codes of safe practice and any legal requirements for responsible teams and areas by; ensuring reviews are in place and any actions are completed when required.
• Working closely with QA to monitor deviations and implementing corrective and preventative actions to processes where required. Ensuring audit responses are satisfactory and complete within set timelines. • Implementing quality control steps to ensure work is of a consistently high standard. Company Confidential for Internal Use Only • Identifying and working on process improvements.