Synthetic Organic Chemist
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Due to continued high demand for our services we are pleased to announce we have positions available for enthusiastic and talented Synthetic and Medicinal Chemists of all levels of experience, from high-flying Chemistry graduates to experienced Chemists with industrial experience. These lab-based positions are available at our state-of-the-art chemistry laboratories at Chapel-en-le-Frith. You will join a motivated and experienced team of scientists who are focussed on delivering innovative solutions for our customers’ drug discovery programmes. The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a good level of synthetic chemistry knowledge and should have a passion for laboratory work. In return, we offer excellent training in medicinal and synthetic chemistry and a comprehensive support system to help you develop your career at Concept.
- A degree in Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with a final-year organic synthesis research project, and/or an industrial placement year spent working in synthetic organic chemistry.
- A good knowledge and understanding of organic chemistry.
- Enthusiasm to learn and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of team.
- PhD in organic or medicinal chemistry.
- Industrial experience of working in organic synthesis in early-stage drug-discovery, either with a Pharmaceutical, Biotech, CRO or academic drug-discovery unit.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of medicinal chemistry or process chemistry.
- As part of a synthesis team, you will be responsible for the synthesis of novel drug-like molecules destined for biological testing. These are lab-based roles and as such the successful applicants are expected to be familiar with common techniques of organic synthesis. Training will be given for unfamiliar equipment.
- Customer reports will be prepared according to specific customer requirements, upholding the highest level of scientific integrity.
- You will be expected to communicate effectively with your team and show flexibility when priorities change.
- You will show an enthusiasm for learning new skills and will be expected to assist with routine tasks.
- 37.5 hours per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme and Cycle to Work scheme.