About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Are you looking for a position in which you can fully utilize your troubleshooting and analytical skills? Do you want to do this in an international, global, but personal environment? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our innovative and enthusiastic global Product Quality team!
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and perform instrument and benchtop repairs in line with customer requests and contractual obligations.
- Create service cost estimates to support quotes to Customers for service.
- Responsible for instrument testing and calibration, electrical and mechanical repairs and parts ordering.
- Responsible for returning repaired systems back to the Customers, including completion of internal documentation and tracking requirements (SAP, SalesForce/ServiceMax, etc.).
- Performance validations using company certified procedures; problem diagnosis and system repair.
- Schedule and complete HelpDesk assigned in-house service jobs in a timely fashion.
- Provide back-up support for the US HelpDesk on an as needed basis
- Enter and maintain accurate information about Customer returns and repairs using SAP and SalesForce/ServiceMax.
- Maintain repair and troubleshooting information for Customer returns to facilitate routine reporting and for analysis to ensure systemic issues are raised within the Supply Center for investigation and resolution.
- Participates in cross-functional Product Quality Meetings to resolve active support issues
- Support product and business Compliance requirements (ISO, CE, TUV, RoHS, etc.) in accordance with job function
- Ensures safe working environment through adherence to PPE requirements, 6S principles, compliance with job-related Risk Assessments, chemical handling and hazardous waste disposal (flammable, e-waste, etc.).
- Customer satisfaction
- Growth and profitability of After Sales Revenue
- Maintain and build upon the professional image of Malvern Panalytical
- Ensures compliance with global and local regulatory requirements, with support of leadership
- Works independently and coordinates with other functional areas to achieve business goals
- English fluency required
Customer and supplier communication
- Must have strong verbal and written skills to communicate with customers
- Occasional Supplier communication necessary
- Daily communication with internal Customer Support Teams
- Contact with other Malvern Panalytical departments and sites is routine.
ENVIRONMENT AND HOURS:
- Based in Northampton, MA, with minimal travel
- Standard work week is 40 hours. This is a non-exempt role.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA or AAS Electronic Technology or equivalent.
- At least 5 years related experience and/or training.
Skills & Experience
- Must possess excellent communication and systematic problem-solving skills.
- Above average trouble shooting skills and the technical ability to maintain and repair equipment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents, user manuals and schematics.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a participatory team player.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean continuous improvement certification preferred
- Cooperation and Teamwork
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Expertise and Professionalism
- Problem Solving/Analysis and Lean/6-sigma