Software Engineers – Scrum Teams
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Software Engineer Graduate to Senior Roles
Location: Roles can be located anywhere within travelling distance to Malvern, Worcestershire. (Regular travel to Malvern will be required).
Do you want to work with scientists and engineers in a team with a strong focus on quality and innovation? Do you want to play an important role in the development of the software for our advanced analytical instrumentation? Are you looking for a diverse software role in which you can apply your expertise to its full extent and increase your knowledge even further? Do you want the opportunity to work flexible hours and the ability to work from home if you wish*? Then this might be your chance to become part of our ambitious team as a Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer!
In this role you will work in a highly dynamic, positive and action-driven environment. You will work closely with a team of multi-disciplinary specialists, reporting to the Software Team Leader.
* A minimum of one day per week in the office will be required, but preferably able to be in the office 2 days per week regularly, so you must be based within a reasonable commutable distance of Malvern.
What are your responsibilities?
- You will work in all parts of the software development life-cycle and be responsible for designing and building software to gather and analyse data from our analytical instruments;
- You will help solve software related problems and related systems engineering issues, as well as providing up-to-date knowledge of new software innovations and their potential application to the wider organisation;
- You will work in a Scrum environment where cross functional teamwork and close collaboration with the customer is highly valued.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- At Graduate level you have a bachelor’s degree in Computing Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar experience;
- As a Junior Developer you have at least 2 years’ experience in a C# development environment;
- As Senior Developer you have at least 5+ years experience in C# development and show the capabilities to mentor and develop more junior team members as well as having demonstrable experience with software requirements, architecture, design, development and software testing.
- You have strong analytical capabilities; you get energy from solving complex problems for a diversity of products and systems;
- Strongly results-driven with respect to customer products: Ability to think and act as an end user with emphasis on key product quality indicators, such as analytical performance, ease of use, robustness, completeness and speed;
- You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Great to have?
- Experience working with Agile work tracking tools (e.g. Microsoft Azure DevOps, Jira etc.);
- An interest in science and technology which goes beyond your day to day work.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training;
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities;
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes;
- Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm) and potential to work from home to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, we welcome applications from a wide range of candidates. We are particularly keen to see applications from returners to work, part-time candidates and people who have a strong interest in Software Engineering but might need some up-skilling in recent technologies and practices.