Shipping Administrator – TEMP
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Shipping & Receiving Administrator’s job is to ensure that goods are received into the Company and distributed to the correct recipient or location, and to pick and prepare goods for customer orders, and for Supplier returns to be shipped. Inventory accuracy in the ERP system, SAP, is critical.
REPORTING LINE: Materials & Logistics Manager DEPARTMENT: Operations
Goods Receiving and Inventory
- Receives incoming goods, checks delivery documentation, and completes the goods receipt transaction in SAP; stores goods properly or distributes according to the goods received note.
- Opens deliveries in a timely manner and ensures all goods are booked in on the same day.
- Stores goods in a safe, logical manner, identifying them clearly with part numbers and descriptions.
- Carries out physical inventory cycle counts supporting stock accuracy as instructed.
- Throughout each day, run the SAP Delivery Due List and pick goods accordingly.
- For each SAP outbound delivery, verify that the delivery completes the order.
- Check that the physical components match the outbound delivery by part number and quantity, and ensure they are visually free from faults.
- Prepare items for packing, confirming that the appropriate installation and consumable kits are included, ensuring that health and safety documentation (Safety Data Sheet, SDS) is added where appropriate. For product returns, ensure that Returned Material Authorization and Quality Notification paperwork is included.
- Pack the components using the appropriate packaging materials. Record weights and dimension in the SAP outbound delivery.
- Monitor inventory of packaging materials and request deliveries as needed.
- Add shipping documentation, including invoices and freight forwarder instructions, to the packed goods and assist handing over goods to the assigned freight forwarder.
- Contribute to Lean activities including process improvement.
- Maintain and target improved 6S measures within area of responsibility.
- Attend and participate in daily start up meetings.
- On-time Delivery: monitoring of Delivery Due List to ensure orders are processed as requested
- Inventory Accuracy: Accurate and timely paperwork and transactions within SAP.
- Customer Satisfaction: Responsiveness and accuracy of inventory and order content, along with adherence to product packaging standards will directly impact the level of customer satisfaction for timeliness and quality.
- Continuous Improvement: Active positive participation in Lean activities to improve key performance indicators and reduce unnecessary waste.
- Accountable for quality of work and adherence to inventory and packaging procedures.
- Direct communication with Customers and most Suppliers is not planned.
- Direct communication with Freight Forwarders and Distributors is typical.
- Communicates daily with Manager for priorities and order specific instructions as required.
- Communicates as needed with the order fulfilment teams across Malvern Panalytical world-wide in connection with shipments schedules and customer priorities.
- Manufacturing areas for coordination of goods preparation for shipment to customer orders.
- Freedom to communicate to all levels of employees.
ENVIRONMENT AND HOURS:
- Based at Westborough, MA: 40 hours per week.
- Overtime is paid, and will be required from time to time, planned and where practical with 24hour notice. Only with agreement from manager.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- A High School education, or equivalent, is required. Computer literacy and good written and oral communications are preferred.
Skills & Experience
- Experience and ability to work safely and accurately within a fast-moving working environment where priorities can change frequently
- A good track record of working in a team orientated environment
- Experience of and ability to work within an ISO accredited company.
- The ability to handle packages within safe working limits.
- Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning, ERP, system (preferably SAP) is a plus.
- The ability to deal with multiple tasks and to plan workload without constant supervision.
- Communication skills are crucial and the ability to interact professionally with all of levels of employees and management is important.
- Cooperation and Team working
- Expertise and Professionalism
- Problem Solving/ Analysis