About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are met including (but not limited to) workplace organisation, work instructions, risk assessments, COSHH assessments, housekeeping standards in accordance with company internal policies.
- Separation of novel chemical compounds using (semi-)preparative Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC).
- Screening of SFC analytical conditions to facilitate development, optimisation and validation of methods.
- Responsible for running the designated instruments, data processing and reporting.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting analytical equipment across the site.
- Prepare quality reports including certificates of analysis and analytical specifications.
- Where required and with support, act as analytical point of contact for a project, considering customer requirements
- Essential: BSc/MSc/PhD in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant experience as an analyst or separation scientist in a fine chemical or pharmaceutical industry role.
- Experience in method development, optimisation and validation is desirable. Experience on NMR techniques and interpretation would be ideal but not an essential requirement.
- Equipment maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of chemical analytical techniques both theoretical and practical (Thermal Analysis, HPLC, LCMS, GCMS, UPLC, SFC, NMR).
- Prior experience in GMP/GLP within a QC testing and API manufacturing would be ideal but not an essential requirement.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice regulations and policies would be ideal but not an essential requirement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to produce clear and concise reports (e.g. standard analytical procedure).
- Team player.