Senior Systems Engineer
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Are you able to think fast, solve problems, and take a technology from idea to proof of concept rapidly? Are you looking for a position in which you can take technologies from around the world and use those technologies in new ways to solve real world problems that make a real difference? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our R&D team!
In this role you will contribute to the evolution of designs from idea to proof of concept, you will stay up-to-date with the state of the art, you will be involved in planning and delivering complex multidiscipline projects.
What are your responsibilities?
- Oversee and assist in capturing user/product needs, the capture and management of risk, inputting into design and validation of design and planning validation work.
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of projects, project bids and proposals.
- Working on multiple short innovation projects.
- To solve product problems as they relate to physics, mathematics and systems engineering issues.
- To keep abreast of technological developments with a view to their potential application.
- Understand and mentor others in good design techniques, experimentation, analysis and domain understanding.
- Ensure development knowledge is captured and proactively disseminated through a variety of media.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Passion for science and technology, enjoy working as part of a multidiscipline team and able to deliver proof of concepts that can be taken on into a full product development.
- Graduate Engineer, Physicist, Mechanical Engineer, Mathematician or equivalent. PhD would be advantageous.
- Background in systems engineering role.
- Background in requirements capture and risk management.
- Strong background in system design capture and failure analyses such as FMEA.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Ability to present complex arguments simply both written and verbally.
Great to have?
- Knowledge of optical system design.
- Knowledge of process engineering.
- Mathematical modelling of complex systems using Matlab or similar tools.
- Experience with mathematical modelling of physical problems.
- Experience with CAD packages.
- Patience, creativity, problem solving and people skills – we aim to improve people’s lives by delivering new technologies that accelerate the development and application of novel materials, medicines and energy sources. It isn’t easy to change the way the world works.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.