About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Based in the Edinburgh BioQuarter, Concept Life Sciences offer specialist preclinical contract research services to Pharmaceutical & Biotech companies focused on Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience and specialised multiplex Histology.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Scientist, with skills in optimising and troubleshooting complex immunohistochemical and immunofluorescent staining, including multi-plex assay development (4-9 plex), in-situ hybridisation (RNAscope), and other molecular tissue probing techniques. The successful candidate will also use the Vectra Polaris for whole slide scanning and multispectral imaging, while also supporting data management activities.
- Working with the team and relevant academic contacts, as required, to ensure quality conduct and delivery of client projects.
- Ensuring accurate record keeping of all experimental work, from initial protocol development, accurate lab notes, through to write up of results and report production, archiving.
- Implementing quality control steps to ensure projects are conducted and delivered according to the standards expected (GCP), developing new or updating SOPs as required.
- Line management of Scientists, delegation of project tasks across the team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of client data.
- Communicating effectively with both clients and internal teams as required.
- Actively interrogating scientific literature to understand relevant technical protocols and advances as necessary for driving forward bespoke client projects.
- Independently perform complex fluorescent and colourimetric staining assays including multi-plex assay development (4-9 plex). Contribute to the development of improved methods and techniques including antibody validation and optimisation. Troubleshoot assays.
- Design and perform RNAscope cell and tissue assays using robotic staining platforms (Leica Bond).
- Taking an active role in nurturing new and expanding existing client relationships
- May have opportunity to attend scientific and trade conferences to deliver oral presentations and posters and to attract new commercial opportunities.
- Life science degree (Biomedical Sciences/Biological Sciences), post-graduate degree an advantage and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Previous experience of Pharma/Biotech drug discovery or contract research desirable.
- Demonstrable relevant laboratory experience.
- Skills in image analysis would be of benefit.
- Strong communication skills and team work ethic, highly motivated and entrepreneurial personality.
We are looking to offer the position to a dynamic individual, who would be excited about the prospect of making a valuable scientific contribution to the future growth of the organisation.