Senior Scientist Bioanalysis Method Development
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Senior Scientist – Bioanalysis Method Development
The company offers a wide range of specialist contract research services. This position is focussed on developing and establishing bioanalytical methods primarily destined for regulated method validations and sample analysis.
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Scientist with demonstrable experience of bioanalytical method development (LC-MS/MS) to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of sample preparation, chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques and will have gained previous relevant experience in a GLP and/or GCP CRO or industry setting. It is expected that the candidate will independently, technically support a variety of client and company projects to a high standard.
- Study direct bioanalytical method development studies, including preparation of Study Plans and Reports in standard or customer-required format
- Develop and establish bioanalytical methods destined for method validations and sample analysis
- When required, develop and establish bioanalytical methods for support of DMPK and toxicology studies
- Study Director for bioanalytical method validation studies when required
- Train scientists in bioanalytical techniques, when required e.g. various extraction methods and LC-MS/MS analysis and assist with the preparation and delivery of internal training programmes
- Review and evaluate new bioanalytical technologies and provide recommendations for future improvements
- Maintain an awareness of current bioanalytical method validation / development guidelines and white papers, ensuring that development work is performed in line with current industry expectations and thinking
- Direct and supervise staff performing experimental work
- When required, assist in the study analysis of bioanalytical studies
- Analysis, collation and interpretation of data
- Record, file and archive data in accordance with appropriate SOPs
- Author and assist in the review of SOPs and other documents
- Ensure appropriate and timely client communication
- Ensuring the Master schedule and project management scheduling platforms are maintained
- Line management of direct reports (if assigned), working with individuals to develop skills and experience
- Financial awareness: assisting in setting up project costings, ensuring productive progression of projects, awareness of invoice milestones, project direct expense budget and project financial tracking
Bachelor’s Degree (Chemistry or related discipline) essential. Higher degree (Master or PhD) advantageous
Proven extensive method development experience in LC-MS/MS essential (Sciex instrumentation desirable).
Proven extensive experience in development of bioanalytical sample extraction techniques essential.
Experience of directing/managing staff performing experimental work essential
Experience of other chromatographic techniques advantageous (GC, LC-UV/RAD)
High-level attention to detail and organisational skills
Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills
Excellent team player
Strong verbal communication skills, participating in lab and client discussions
We are looking for a dynamic individual, who would be excited about the prospect of making a valuable scientific contribution to the future growth of the organisation.
Salary entry level will be based on experience