Senior Scientific Administrator
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
The company currently offers specialist contract research services to pharmaceutical and biotech clients, focused on Immuno-Oncology, Immunology and Neuroscience as well as specialised Histology.
The main role will be to provide business/financial administration support. The successful candidate will be expected to liaise with the scientific and management team as required. The tasks of the role are not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant administrative duties as requested by management. Administrative/Financial responsibilities are likely to develop as the role progresses.
- Regular use and maintenance of the company ordering and invoicing systems
- Working with the scientific team to ensure supplies are sourced and stocked using purchasing platforms
- Working with the Group Purchasing Manager to ensure discounts are achieved across key products and services used within the Biology team
- Maintenance of the archive and archive database
- An active role in local quality improvements and maintenance of quality systems
- Collation of data from current quality and scheduling platforms to prepare key KPIs
- Supporting teams with maintenance of key quality documents
- Support of on-site IT requirements under the guidance of the IT department
- Management of the facility charges within the rental accommodation
- Contribute to the planning process of the facility in response to organisational change
- Working with the Lab manager and Head of Operations to support the effective and efficient deployment of resources required within the Edinburgh site for experimental project work to be conducted
- Line management of scientific administrator support staff as site expands
- Demonstrable high attention to detail
- Life science knowledge
- Excellent administration skills
- Good IT skills and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and also support the wider team
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a small team and contribute to an essential part of the business.
Salary entry level is dependent on experience.