Senior Mechanical Engineer
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Malvern, UK
Are you able to work within fast paced, highly innovative projects with internal and external stakeholders to develop new products and solutions? Are you looking for a position in which you can work closely with other disciplines in a cross functional R&D team? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our R&D team!
In this role you will provide high quality mechanical design engineering, to support the development of next-generation, high-technology scientific instrumentation.
What are your responsibilities?
- Delivering mechanical design solutions as part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
- Fostering innovative design solutions within projects.
- Ensuring project requirements are captured and achieved while meeting all necessary safety, compliance and technical standards.
- To work closely with the manufacturing and service teams to ensure design delivers operational efficiency.
- Selection of appropriate manufacturing techniques according to part requirements, analysis of supplier capability data, and contributing to make vs. buy decisions.
- Maintaining project documentation, specifications, technical files, validation documents, etc, as necessary.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the engineering tools, procedures, facilities, and best practices within the discipline.
- Work within Malvern Panalytical’s product development framework.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Have technical competency in mechanical engineering with at least 5 years’ experience in a relevant environment.
- Must be qualified to HNC or degree level in an Engineering related discipline.
- Deep understanding of CAD systems and simulation tools.
- Skills in tolerance analysis and tools (such as Sigmetrix CETOL)
- Solid appreciation of international standards (such as BS8888), drawing issue control, experience generating Bills of Materials and good engineering control documentation.
- Familiarity with enterprise software systems, e.g., SAP, SharePoint, Office 365, etc.
- Must be able to work within various project management tools.
- Have some experience or qualifications with Lean tools and processes such as DfX, FMEA, etc.
- Experience of formal document management systems would be advantageous.
- Familiar with PLM systems.
Great to have?
- Knowledge on variety of manufacturing techniques suited to low volume manufacture.
- Knowledge of concurrent engineering methodologies.
- Appreciation of electrical and electronic engineering.
- Functional product safety awareness.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
- Home-working permissible although will be required to work in the office at short notice.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.