Senior Electronics Engineer – Sustaining
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Job Title: Senior Electronics Engineer- Sustaining
Location: Malvern, UK
Are you able to strengthen our R&D Sustaining team with competence around electronics design concepts, testing and problem solving? Are you looking for a position in which you can work on complex customer solutions that are used for material analysis in scientific and industrial products and process control? Do you want to do this in an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be your chance to become a part of our R&D Sustaining team!
In this role you will you are responsible for improving and maintaining electronic designs due to discontinued components, or through identified design improvements to improve functionality, yield, cost, or in response to customer feedback.
What are your responsibilities?
- The Senior Electronics Engineer will problem-solve and fault find customer and operational issues with electronics designs, and decide on the best route to maintain products through discontinued components.
- As a senior engineer, you will mentor or possibly line manage more junior electronics engineers in good design techniques, experimentation, analysis and domain understanding.
- As a member of the R&D team, the Senior Electronics Engineer will work mainly with PCB layout engineers and supply chain engineers on the shop floor, along with Purchasing and the physics/software/mechanical engineers in R&D.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Electronic Engineering degree at a 2:1 or above or equivalent experience
- Use of schematic capture and printed circuit design tools
- Use of SPICE and SI simulation tools
- Design for manufacture, assembly, and test
- PCB, PCA, and cabling test methods
- Generating test specifications
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Report writing
- Design of micro-controller and DSP based instrumentation and control electronics, including sensor interfaces, dc-dc regulators, and small actuator drives.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team, including Software and PCB design engineers
- Ability to write test software would be useful
- Ability to write test code in VHDL would be useful
- General EMC and safety standards
Great to have?
- Experience or training in lean methodology
- A positive can-do attitude!
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Flexi-time (core hours 10.00am – 12.00pm and 2.00pm – 3.00pm) to help you to achieve a good work-life balance.
YES, I WANT THIS JOB!
Please click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.