Sector Sales Manager Primary Materials Latam
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Why choose us?
When you make the invisible visible, the impossible is possible.
Our analytical systems and services help our customers to create a better world. Through chemical, physical and structural analysis of materials, they improve everything from the energies that power us and the materials we build with, to the medicines that cure us and the foods we enjoy. We partner with many of the world’s biggest companies, universities and research organizations. They value us not only for the power of our solutions, but also for the depth of our expertise, collaboration and integrity.
With over 2200 employees, we serve the world, and we are part of Spectris plc, the world-leading precision measurements group.
Malvern Panalytical. We’re big on small.
Job Title: Sector Sales Manager Primary Materials Latam
Main Purpose of Job
- Accountable to deliver Sector(s) orders, sales and profitability targets for the territory
- Leads the territory sales team for the Sector and coordinates approach with other teams in the region
- Leads daily sales management processes including SIOP and Revenue Recognition and sets priorities to achieve objectives
- Supports the relationship management of MP intermediaries in the territory and supports changes where necessary.
- Leads deployment of sales methodologies, provides input for continuous improvement
- Leading, coordinating and implementing all CoBe and EHS related matters in the organization
Sector Director Primary Materials
- Responsible for the safe growth and profitability of the territory for the Sector
- Identifies and develops incremental sales opportunities within the territory, supports sales team acting as coach giving sound guidance and advice to team members, playing an active role in helping others achieve business and personal development goals
- Develops effective sales strategies, plans and schedules to meet targets for sales, orders and profits and in accordance with the specific territory
- Inputs into annual planning process with territory growth initiatives and plans
- Actively leads the organisation to support Sector activities making recommendations for Strategic accounts and initiatives for innovation ventures
- Ensure the sales team is staffed accordingly, with a strong focus on identifying the right profiles for specific positions adding bench strength to the team
- Consistently explores the needs of current and potential talent and invests in the changes that will make the organization an industry-leading place to work, take proactive steps to address and resolve critical gaps in terms capability and competence, fully involved in the OCR process
- Responsible for retaining customer accounts through provision of quality service and applications support. Takes a leading role in ensuring that field issues and escalations are quickly resolved
- Makes effective efforts to clarify the organization’s vision, mission, and values, builds a feeling of energy, optimism, and motivation throughout the organization
- Be an active leader and influencer driving the Malvern Panalytical culture, motivating and engaging the local team.
- Upholds standards for health, safety and environment, code of business ethics
- Ensure continuous adaptation and structural improvement of processes and, organizational structures as well as products and services, able to challenge the status quo when see the dynamic market is evolving.
- Demonstrates and inclusive approach, the desire to work across teams and develop strong relationships across the organisation
- Responsive to internal customers’ needs and driven by overall business success
- Works closely with the territory field marketing and inside sales manager to steer the MQL to opportunity funnel for their territory/sector towards business opportunity space, identifies gaps and ensures effective handover of opportunities to the sales teams.
- Manages/coordinates the input of the (applications) specialist support that will be needed pre- and post- sale.
- Direct impact on Company turnover and profitability.
- Impact on motivation of channel partners.
- Direct impact on customer satisfaction.
- Impact on professional image of Malvern Panalytical in region
- Impact on motivation and performance of the Sector and regional team
- Wins the right way, works independently to achieve agreed objectives within the Code of Business Ethics.
- Monthly achievement of goals and objectives
- Communicates both orally and in writing with channel partners and customers at all levels.
- Communicates both orally and in writing with senior officials, government bodies, representatives, other Spectris operating companies and personnel
- Three-month rolling forecasts and monthly reports to be submitted each month for production planning purposes.
- SIOP and sales reporting according to schedule
- Provides feedback on market opportunities and competitive activity.
- Reports on product quality and customer complaints.
- Responsible for deploying effective 2-way communication supporting Malvern Panalytical and Spectris leadership
Environment and hours
Travel will be required, hours will vary according to demand including over-time which will be unpaid. Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed according to the Malvern Panalytical expenses policy.
In the Latam region, near one of the business centers (Monterrey Mexico or Sao Paulo Brazil)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OF THE JOB HOLDER
- Minimum of first degree or equivalent in a relevant science or engineering subject. Physics, chemistry or engineering is preferred.
- A management qualification such as an MBA would be desirable.
- A Minimum of 5 years selling/marketing experience with laboratory instrumentation within the specified territory.
- Proven track record in sales, sales management or general management in a B to B business environment with demonstrable growth.
- Experience of leadership and management with the ability to manage through others and manage others across boundaries and time zones
- Experience of channel partner management.
- Track record of management in multiple countries and/or across borders
- Experience of target setting and managing, including incentive plans
- Experience of deploying HSE and CoBE standards
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Local language and good spoken and written English language ability.
- Wide knowledge and understanding of the market for laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
- Able to demonstrate a strategic approach to business planning.
Able to demonstrate an understanding of basic finance and accounting information