Sector Marketing Executive
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Malvern Panalytical is looking for an experienced marketing professional with a background in science to join our sector marketing team on a 12-month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Pharmaceutical and Food Sector Director, and working alongside our marketing and sector teams, you’ll use your skills and experience to turn our growth strategy into a tactical marketing program. With support from a friendly team, you’ll own this plan, meaning you’ll develop, track and report on results. We need someone that can hit the ground running to help us deliver the lead and opportunity pipelines required to support the growth of Malvern Panalytical’s instrumentation and service portfolios.
The successful candidate is a self-motivated marketing professional with experience of working in cross-functional teams. You’ll need to be passionate about science (like we are) and comfortable owning your numbers. If you are ready to share your skills and enthusiasm with us, we’d love to hear from you!
- Engaging with Business Development, Sales, Product & Service Leaders and Scientific/Technical employees to translate their long- and short-term strategic priorities into multi-channel marketing activities
- Working with our digital teams to implement and continually optimize digital demand generation programs.
- Coordinating the output of our inhouse creative team and external agencies to efficiently project manage campaign execution
- Contributing to the planning and execution of our busy events program (e.g. webinars, customer events and conferences)
- Creating and reviewing original and compelling content of all kinds, including social media posts, website pages, email and other promotional materials
- Monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing activities, ensuring your
- portion of our lead pipeline is growing in line with expectations
The ideal candidate
We’re looking for a graduate-level marketing professional with marketing communications experience. Collaboration is key in this team: we value other points of view and different approaches to solving problems so you’ll fit right in if you are open to trying new things and supporting your team.
You should have:
- A results-driven outlook and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, coupled with a genuine customer orientation
- Proven experience of marketing program development and management
- Experience of technical marketing, with experience working with customers in the pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries being particularly advantageous to this role.
In addition, a background within biology, biotechnology, chemistry or similar subject area would help you communicate with our team, although we’re happy to share our knowledge with you also!
In return, you can look forward to a great opportunity and the exciting prospect of developing your marketing experience with a growing company.