Scientist – Histology
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
We are looking for a junior scientist to join the team, that has the ability to perform routine histology (tissue sectioning, H&E staining) immunohistochemical (IHC) and immunofluorescent (IF) staining assays including multiplex co-localisation assays to support client project delivery.
- Work with the team to deliver advanced IHC/IF histological protocols on FFPE tissue samples.
- To perform antibody optimisation assays on Leica Bond staining robots for new targets and perform established multiplex assays as requested.
- Preparation of standard reagents and equipment maintenance duties as required.
- Provide slide scanning and image management support as required.
- Accurate record keeping of all experimental work as appropriate.
- Strong verbal communication skills, participating in lab discussions.
- Implement quality control steps to ensure projects are conducted and delivered according to the standards expected, developing new or updating SOPs as required.
- HND, HNC, BSc in a biological science or equivalent qualifications.
- Basic histology experience.
- Basic knowledge and experience of IHC/IF.
- Good technical problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal, written and IT skills and proficiency at producing accurate documentation using standard software packages.
- Practical experience of in-situ hybridisation and basic molecular biology skills.
- Experience using a Leica Bond staining robot.
- Background knowledge in Immunology/Immuno-Oncology.