Scientist Grade 2
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
The company offers a wide range of specialist contract research services. This position is focussed on supporting Bioanalytical Studies.
We are looking for a Scientist with experience of bioanalysis to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques and will have gained previous experience in a CRO or other industry setting. Experience of working in accordance with a quality standard (e.g. GLP) would be advantageous.
- Support the analysis of study samples for bioanalytical studies predominantly using LC-MS/MS and appropriate sample preparation techniques
- Assist in developing and validating chromatographic methods (LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC and GC)
- Analysis and collation of data
- Preparation of reagents as required
- Accurate record keeping of all experimental work
- Work to appropriate quality standards (GLP and GCP) where required and strive for excellence in terms of accountability, record keeping, and quality of output
- Contribute to authoring SOPs and other documents
Bachelor’s Degree (Chemistry or related discipline) essential. Higher degree advantageous.
Laboratory experience essential.
Experience of LC-MS/MS highly advantageous.
Experience of other chromatographic techniques desirable (LC-UV, GC-MS, GC).
Experience of working to GLP, GCP or other quality standard advantageous.
High-level of attention to detail and organisational skills.
Excellent team player.
Strong verbal communication skills.
We are looking for a dynamic individual, who would be excited about the prospect of making a valuable scientific contribution to the future growth of the organisation.
Salary entry level will be based on experience.