Sales Manager Digital Solutions
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
- To develop and deliver the Digital Go-to-Market strategies and routes to market for digital solutions, both in direct and indirect territories to meet the digital sales revenue and profit targets/objectives.
- To integrate the strategy into the sales organisation to align with and strengthen normal business
- Line Manager: PJ LaPuma
- Matrix Manager(s): Martijn Fransen
- Working with the Frontier Analytics team the role holder is accountable to develop and execute strategy and growth plans (including vision, mission, business cases, value-based pricing, detailed roadmap and sales methods) for digital solutions and advanced digital services, being a combination of existing and future product.
- Responsible for the growth and profitability of digital solutions for all Sector(s) by facilitating the sector sales teams and incentivized to the sale of services (e.g. review of incentives with HR/SSM, training, need for new staff, etc.)
- Partners with the CS and Applications team, Strategic Account Managers and Segment marketing managers to sponsor and facilitate the sale and consistent delivery of advanced digital services to Accounts across all Territories and Sectors
- Leads deployment of effective (digital) sales methodologies, to win the right way demonstrating strong CoBE leadership and provides input for continuous improvement
- Manages/coordinates the input of the (applications) specialist support that will be needed pre- and post- sale or that will be part of the digital offering/solution.
- Works closely with the field marketing and inside sales managers to steer the MQL to opportunity funnel towards business opportunity space, identifies gaps and ensures effective handover of opportunities for completion.
- Inputs into annual planning process with growth initiatives and plans Demonstrates an inclusive approach, the desire to work across teams and develop strong relationships across the organisation
- Responsive to internal customers’ needs and driven by overall business success
- Responsible for the success of the digital solution on behalf of the Sectors
- Direct impact on the Digital Transformation strategy of the Company
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Monthly achievement of goals and objectives
- Accountable to deliver orders, sales and profitability targets for our digital solutions in close cooperation with the Sector Sales Managers, Customer Support Managers and Large/Strategic Account Managers
Customer and Supplier Communication
- Communicates both orally and in writing with channel partners and customers at all levels.
- Sales reporting according to schedule
- Provides feedback on market opportunities and competitive activity to the Frontier Analytics team
- Reports on product quality and customer complaints
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OF THE JOB HOLDER:
- Minimum of first degree or equivalent in a relevant science or engineering subject. A management qualification such as an MBA would be desirable.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years selling/marketing experience.
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) and Products as a Service (PaaS) strategies, knowledge of alternative business models would be an advantage.
- Proven track record in sales, sales management or general management in a B to B business environment with demonstrable growth.
- Demonstrable practical experience of Miller Heiman and value-based selling methodologies and knowledge of value based pricing
- Experience of leadership and management with the ability to influence and manage others across boundaries and time zones
- Experience of dealer or distributor management.
- Track record of management in multiple countries and/or across borders
- Experience of target setting and managing, including incentive plans
Knowledge and Competencies
- Customer focussed
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Good spoken and written English language ability, other languages an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate a strategic approach to business planning.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of finance and accounting information.
- Self-motivated and results driven
ENVIRONMENT AND HOURS:
Flexible location, Travel will be required; hours will vary according to demand including over-time which will be unpaid. Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed according to the Malvern Panalytical expenses policy