Sales Engineer Italy – AM
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
Why choose us?
When you make the invisible visible, the impossible is possible.
Our analytical systems and services help our customers to create a better world. Through chemical, physical and structural analysis of materials, they improve everything from the energies that power us and the materials we build with, to the medicines that cure us and the foods we enjoy. We partner with many of the world’s biggest companies, universities and research organizations. They value us not only for the power of our solutions, but also for the depth of our expertise, collaboration and integrity.
With over 2200 employees, we serve the world, and we are part of Spectris plc, the world-leading precision measurements group.
Malvern Panalytical. We’re big on small.
Job Title: Sector Sales Role (Sales Specialist, Account Mngr, Sales Engineer)
Main Purpose of Job
- Responsible for the achievement of Sector(s) targets for orders and sales and maximising financial performance within defined territory
- Responsible for the sales of assigned Malvern Panalytical products and services
- Build and strengthen long-term business relationship with customers
- Wins the right way in line with the Code of Business Ethics
Sector Sales Manager
- Achieve sales target for the assigned sector within defined territory
- Give customers insight in the added value of Malvern Panalytical solutions and services
- Translate customer pains/needs into a value-added solution proposal, -the quotation- monitor the follow-up of quotation and revise if necessary
- Negotiate with customers and/or agents on the released quotation and close a deal
- Conducts demonstrations, attends seminars and exhibitions; promotes professional image of Malvern Panalytical at all times
- Signal, identifying and analysing future market trends
- Identify areas that can improve current sales processes
- Develops and maintains good level of product knowledge
- CRM; register conducted customer related activities in appropriate tools and communicate status towards all parties involved so information can be used for adequate forecasting
- Contribute to the (sector) team effort to grow the global (sector) business
- Maximize revenue of sales and service activities
- Maximize orders to sales conversion time by accurate forecast of expected sales and order intakes based on up-to-date information
- Direct impact on customer satisfaction; accessible and sustainable network
- Wins the right way, works independently to achieve agreed (sector) objectives within the Code of Business Ethics
- Monthly achievement of (sector) targets and objectives
Internal & external communications:
- Presentation skills for both technical and business presentations, both remotely and with a direct audience
- Regular interface with marketing, technical and customer services personnel
- Regular communication and close cooperation with the (sector) sales team
- Communicates both orally and in writing with distributors and customers at all levels.
- Ensure that the CRM is always up to date to enable the three-month rolling forecasts and monthly reports to be submitted on the second working day of each month for production planning purposes
- Provides feedback on market opportunities and competitive activity.
- Reports on product quality and customer complaints.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OF THE JOB HOLDER
- BSc/MSc/PhD degree in chemistry, physics or materials science;
- Preferably proven track record in sales in a B2B business environment with demonstrable growth.
- Three years of experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues and customers at all levels (also using modern computer based communication means like Skype and Microsoft Teams)
- Local language and good spoken and written English language ability.
- Wide knowledge and understanding of the academia and industrial equipment
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of basic finance and accounting information as well as legal terms & conditions
- Follow annual necessary and mandatory CoBE training