Sales Engineer – Advanced Materials
About this position:
From forensics to nanotechnology, our analytical systems and solutions help the world’s top researchers do ground-breaking work on the small things that make big things possible. We’re after enquiring minds, imaginative thinkers, and proud geeks. Those who are irresistibly drawn to hard problems others can’t crack. Those who are always thinking ‘what if…’. Does this sound like you? Then read on….
Why choose us?
When you make the invisible visible, the impossible is possible.
Our analytical systems and services help our customers to create a better world. Through chemical, physical and structural analysis of materials, they improve everything from the energies that power us and the materials we build with, to the medicines that cure us and the foods we enjoy. We partner with many of the world’s biggest companies, universities and research organizations. They value us not only for the power of our solutions, but also for the depth of our expertise, collaboration and integrity.
With over 2200 employees, we serve the world, and we are part of Spectris plc, the world-leading precision measurements group.
Malvern Panalytical. We’re big on small.
The Advanced Materials Team has an exciting opening for an Account Manager in Brazil. In this role you would represent our Xray products to a wide variety of customers including University, Batteries, Additive Manufacturing, Electronics and other high technology fields.
What are your challenges?
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction, develop and strengthen long-term business relationships with customers
- Work towards achieving targets and growing the business in the LatAm Region (both industry and academia)
- Identify and analyze future market trends and improve current sales processes
- Train Agents and distributors and help them to develop new business in their Territory
- Conduct demonstrations, attend seminars and exhibitions
- Promote professional image of Malvern Panalytical.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Enjoy sales and the challenge of managing a sales territory
- An analytical mind and ability to feel energized from offering solutions for complex technical problems;
- Demonstrate knowledge of analytical systems for example X-ray fluorescence, X-ray diffraction and others.
- Valid driver’s license
- Fluent in Portuguese and English, written and spoken combined with excellent communication skills.
Great to have?
- BSc/MSc degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Physics or Materials Science
- Preferably experience of 5 years in sales and to be based in São Paulo.
- Willingness to travel within Mexico and occasionally in other countries if necessary (e.g. United States, Latin America, The Netherlands and UK for training and meetings)
When you join?
- Your career will take off with the ‘New Hire Training’. We continue to stimulate and support our employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings. We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
Working with a great team, focused on delivering value to our customers and our business